Alpha Two Roadmap Showcase and AMA Livestream - Friday, August 16, 2024 at 11AM PT

Comments

• Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    At what stage in A2 will we get the Tulnar reveal?
  • KsenioKsenio Member
    I am a software engineer that loves to create utilities for games I enjoy, be it some build planners or market calculators.

What's Intrepid policy around 3rd party applications is Intrepid open to e.g. share market APIs if not what's the policy behind stuff like scrapping in game trading posts with ocr and scripts. What's the policy around data mining for hidden values like e.g. drop rates.
  • KsenioKsenio Member
    edited August 4
    What's the planned capacity for each server ?
    With what feels like launching A2 with limited biomes I am concerned about the server population limits and player saturation. There are already guilds with tens of thousands of players wanting to play on one A2 server. Is riverlands big enough for them (and for enough other players )
  • FaimithFaimith Member
    Will players have access to the character creator before the launch of Alpha 2, and if so, will there be an option to save and use these created characters for the official launch?
    a7wdhhu32156.jpg
  • Jam0Jam0 Member
    Can we see AOC on Steam in the future?
  • LithionLithion Member
    As a gatherer i was wondering if there will be class utility skills that effect gathering or if those utility skills are more based on race?
  • Will there be viable mage builds that aren't focused on elemental combinations? I would love to be a pure arcane focused mage even if i'm not as strong as elemental mages.
  • How many players will fit on a realm during Alpha 2 (and at launch) as there has been some misinformation on Ashes of Creation only having one realm per region.
    x30dqp2077l9.gif

• VyrilVyril Member
    edited August 13
    For node atrophy will upkeep require materials as well as XP?
  • Will there be Australian servers, and will the cost of entry to the alpha be a reasonable AUD cost, because it was over $500aud in the past
  • GarrenGarren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What player housing will be available at the start of Alpha 2?
  • hesashesas Member
    As Alpha-2 approaches, which feature or system are you most confident will showcase the game's unique potential, and what aspect do you anticipate will require the most iteration based on player feedback?"​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • ShodeiShodei Member
    I just found this game and I am tentatively hyped for what you have shown and what the stated plans are. My question is how much are the different teams talking and working with each other to make sure the systems mesh and are of equal quality. Specifically I am reminded of the 1.0 launch of Final Fantasy 14 where some plants had more detail than the characters and this led to issues with performance.
  • PirataSPirataS Member
    How do you intend to comply with the dates that will be presented in the future roadmap in view of the visible failure in this sector of the company? It seems to me the most critical point and even after so many years have passed I still don't see changes or feel confident about dates and Intrepid.
    oficial-baner2.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Stated in the caravan update video, concerning spies: "You plant spies in other guilds, you build your information network in the world of Verra through whatever means you can."

What systems do you plan to have in place to defend or otherwise act against "spying" and all the gameplay that will come with it?

As it seems now, there does not appear to be much that a guild or group of players could do to deter spies from infiltrating their self-made networks.
  • SpyMaskSpyMask Member
    edited August 5
    Are there any plans for poison gameplay for rogues ? I've always been disappointed by the lack or lackluster implementation of poisons in other mmorpgs and would love to see a deeper integration between rogues and alchemy
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    How complete is the corruption system currently, and what is the predicted timeline of corruption system development during alpha 2?

Is corruption still specifically a system for mitigating/deterring griefing, and hopefully avoiding detering what wouldnt be considered griefing?

Considering the bounty hunter system and the fact that corruption is meant to not be rewarding and (as it currently is shown on the wiki) be immensely punishing. How are bounty hunters going to be viable if the corrupted population is practically nonexistent due to a corruption system being too punishing?

If I have an alt or a guildie as a bounty hunter, what is stopping me from simply allowing anyone attacking me to gain corruption and using either of those resources to hunt them down and take back 4x the resources? Seems more profitable than fighting back as a combatant.

What is your thoughts on the idea of a raid of fresh characters encroaching on a node with the sole purpose of clearcutting resources to negatively affect a nodes environment management while using the low level as a means to shield themselves via corruption while they harvest with no care or intent on retaining materials?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Will foliage/cover hide Name/HP bars of players and their minions?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • DageraDagera Member
    What are your criteria to go from Alpha to Beta ? How long do you expect A2 to last ?
  • RuskRusk Member
    To what character level do you have content prepared for Alpha 2? Secondary archetype accessibility, Artisan Classes, etc.
  • MicoMico Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is your estimated benchmark surrounding hours spent in order to level cap either a Job class or Crafting Profession?
  • KnifepartyKnifeparty Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How many World Bosses will we have access to in A2? What are some of your favourites?
  • LinrasLinras Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 6
    Greeting Stephen and Ashes of creation team.

I am looking forward to the upcoming Alpha 2 test, however i have a concern. I live in Australia, and i am fine with playing on us ping for Alpha 2, however my concern is in regard to the testing of Node wars and sieges. In the past you have stated that these events take place during a server's primetime, however for myself and any1 else in the Oce community, these times are not practical (8am-2pm local).

My Question is will there be any US based Oce servers (Server time set for Oce testing) for the A2. Similar to how the original Oce servers where in Wow, and other older MMO's?
  • TawniTawni Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What is your approach regarding QOL updates? Inventory management, previewing and applying dyes, map / UI improvements, adding settings/options.
  • AnonimaseAnonimase Member
    edited August 6
    With Rogue and Summoner not being planned to be added until the first update, will there be a one time chance to change your primary archetype when they come out, or will players who wish to use these archetypes be forced to restart at lower level than everyone else will be at the time?
  • Will there be creative outlet for players beyond character customization?

• MrKawashimaMrKawashima Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Given the recent layoffs at Bungie, attributed to rising development costs and industry shifts, what proactive measures is Intrepid Studios taking to mitigate similar financial pressures? Are there contingency plans in place to avoid workforce reductions while continuing the development of Ashes of Creation?
  • GenoHarradanGenoHarradan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What measures or options will be available for smaller guilds to survive or have inpact on servers where mega-guilds with 10,000 to 15,000 players (it was recently announced that they have already started recruiting) exist? The guild size limit of 300 members alone will likely not be sufficient to prevent this.
  • Will we play with the possibility of a server or game reset or will this be a consecutive playthrough until launch with only resets of WIP Systems as they get closer to a finished state?
  • VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited August 6
    Can you give us a rough run down of the update order you expect through the A2 until the betas? an example might be "We plan to release the last 2 archetypes, then the augment system + level 50, then water content etc" No actual timelines are necessary :) !
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.