Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

FAQ's about Ashes of Creation

Comments

• Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/22/#post-25510">KingBaal wrote:</a></div>But the fact that the game on ue4 engine, they can definitely make the optimization of the game? Just a lot of negativity to this engine in terms of mmo that glichyit scary and have to take very expensive hardware for the game.
    sorry for my bad English

</blockquote>
    They are essentially just using a shell. they take the core engine and are rebuilding it.
  • Options
    Looks great!
  • Options
    I'd like to know if the priest/cleric robes change depending on his/her religion and the question also goes for the other classes.

Thanks! Regards!
  • Options
    Node System can be a Uniq Selling Point but as far as I know the nodes developing based on players activity around the node zone.

It's sounds good but what will be the difference between the nodes?
    Within the game yo do:
    -questing
    -pvp
    -gathering
    -crafting.
    -ect

So you do the same in each node zone, so the nodes(react to the "same" activity) will be the same or almost the same? The only difference is one node is a town another in a castle phase..??..

The main difference is the owner of the node, depending which guild own's the node. So if u want to attack and destroy a node you have to be part of a big guild whose defend or attack the node.

For that some points:
    - you need to have big player base
    - you cannot afford small IRL friendship guilds

So the node system definitely has potential, but I still don't see (maybe yet) the Uniq Selling Point on this.

btw.
    i'm really interested on this game and definitely give it a try.

Good Luck for the developer team!
    Vixbane
  • Options
    If this game allows me to build my own plot of land and/or own my own shop and lets me just build in peace without having to worry about other ppl griefing me then I will be very interested. I've always wanted a game were I can build and having fun with other ppl building a city and having it grow, I hope this it everything its saying it will be.
  • Options
    I really love the sound of this class system ;D Very unique and makes you feel special in-game when there is a high chance you don't meet exactly same class as you.
  • Options
    As an interested player and representative for a gaming community, I'm curious mostly about the co-mingling of PvP and PvE in an open-world environment. Is this, actually, going to be an open-world environment or will it be open-world in respect to PvE and theme-park in regards to PvP; as well as vice-versa? Our community has more hybrid players-archetypes than strictly PvE-oriented or PvP-oriented players, so we're not really held back by a focus on solely one form of content.

TLDR:
    We're neither Beastmode PvP'ers or Carebears; however, we disdain a "lead by the hand" approach to either form of content. Does your game offer the freedom of open-world or not?
  • Options
    You had me at "No pay to win".
  • Options
    This is a question about customization. If I had purchased the Leader of Men pack, are we restricted to have a full body of a demon or angel or can we just add demonic and angelic features to other chracters?
  • Options
    Hi,
    this FAQ is really revealing, thank you.
    This game sounds so great and I feel like a little chield one month before christmas.
    If it keeps what it promises this game will be a GREAT ONE.
    "[W]e want to launch when we’re absolutely ready in order<strong> to give you the product you want</strong>."
    With this quote I think the game and the team behind it doing a great and unerstand what the community wants.
    Thank You!
  • Options
    Q: Will I be able to buy the $1,000 (1k) backer pack from Kick starter and receive all of the rewards from the current after kick star ends in 9/10 days from today?

In case my question is not clear, here is an example. Today is the last day of the Kick starter. Tomorrow will I be able to buy the $1000 (1k) backer pack that includes all of the rewards/perks associated with it?
  • Options
    It officially ends june 2nd, you can go to kickstarter to change your pledge. The question a little confusing
  • Options
    With regards to Monster coins: When someone becomes the monster of the coins tier what is the incentive for them to follow through with the conflict of a node? What's to stop monster hero collaboration?
  • Options
    The point of the Kickstarter is to get initial funding and offer players an opportunity to get some "cool stuff" well ahead of launch. Most MMO's like this will open some type of "store" while in Alpha or Beta stages to allow additional funding, but typically with less incentives.

My advice would be to pledge early and change if necessary as Desminith states.
  • Options
    Great stuff helpful for anyone starting this game and wondering about the basics.
  • Options
    Will empires be formed through castle battles, etc?
  • Options
    In your opinion or if it indeed be a known fact. Which class will have the highest skill cap? Have you guys made any class that is more suitable for solo players?
  • Options
    QUESTION about guilds. How friendly is gooing to be with small guilds. Moslty on, will only big guilds be notice and would be actually be the only ones to be competitive, or small guilds will be able to do it also. Also into zergs, even though u guys said the idea is not to have way for them to just port in, but will a 200 person guild will just rule over smaller guilds just bc they can take 100
  • Options
    So uh. I'm still not entirely clear. So many amazing games are funded through kickstarter but pretty much all seem to be heavy on the PvP. I'm a simple adventurer. I just want to chill, explore, and look at pretty things. I'd rather not be killed constantly. I'm pretty much a solo player; no friends to play with and max two free hours a day if I want a decent night's sleep. Will there be anything to prevent PvP? Apparently the term y'all use is a care bear which is pretty insulting but I love the game same as you; not everyone handles adrenaline well (I, for one, have legitimate medical conditions which would make this very bad). I just need to determine if I'll be donating thousands vs. not so much.

Thanks for your time. Appreciate dev responses. Just want to enjoy this game.
  • Options
    Did I catch this right, will the game have a WoW-like Subscription model? Or will there be also some sort of Buy-the-core-game-and-play-the-rest-for-free way?
  • Options
    For Ellaina

Yes PVP will be a big part of the game, but they want it to be "meaningful conflict" so if you are out picking flowers for potions and a random rogue player starts to attack you and you don't attack but die. Than that rogue player is flagged as corrupt, you get very very minimal exp debt and a laundry list of problems happens for that rogue. A corrupt player is flagged on the map for bounty hunters (other players) when they are killed they have a heavy exp debt and potential to losing gear items they have on them. So you may once or twice here and there but if you stay passive than those bad player got something big coming to them. Their is no real meaning to attacking innocent players they cannot take your items.

darth siddius the game will be subscription monthly with a cosmetic only shop. Get the good kickstarter and get a life subscription!
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/23/#post-28745">Desminith wrote:</a></div>For Ellaina

darth siddius the game will be subscription monthly with a cosmetic only shop. Get the good kickstarter and get a life subscription!

</blockquote>

As a poor university student, I can't afford the 485$ which are the lowest kickstarter backing for a life subscription ;_;
  • Options
    Sadly I can't afford the minimum 485$ for the life subscription - I'm just a poor Computer Science student :(
  • Options
    I know its a little Early but do we know yet what system requirements for Ashes will be? Kinda want to plan ahead with a system build that I am planning =)
  • Options
    <blockquote><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/23/#post-28745">Desminith wrote:</a></div>For Ellaina

Yes PVP will be a big part of the game, but they want it to be “meaningful conflict” so if you are out picking flowers for potions and a random rogue player starts to attack you and you don’t attack but die. Than that rogue player is flagged as corrupt, you get very very minimal exp debt and a laundry list of problems happens for that rogue. A corrupt player is flagged on the map for bounty hunters (other players) when they are killed they have a heavy exp debt and potential to losing gear items they have on them. So you may once or twice here and there but if you stay passive than those bad player got something big coming to them. Their is no real meaning to attacking innocent players they cannot take your items.

</blockquote>

Hi Des! Thank you for the reply. So basically we can't lose our stuff if we don't attack back? What if we attempt to defend ourselves? I'd hope we would still be safe from item loss but I don't exactly wish to be flagged myself. Unrelated, but you seem knowledgeable, do you know if they will allow us to upgrade our pledges following the end of the kickstarter like some other projects, or we simply must remain with our original pledge? I've asked this in a direct message on KS as well but I'm unsure how often Intrepid responds to PMs. I'm currently backed at the Braver of Worlds tier but tbh I wouldn't mind going up to Royal if I had the time to save for it.
  • Options

Yes PVP will be a big part of the game, but they want it to be “meaningful conflict” so if you are out picking flowers for potions and a random rogue player starts to attack you and you don’t attack but die. Than that rogue player is flagged as corrupt, you get very very minimal exp debt and a laundry list of problems happens for that rogue. A corrupt player is flagged on the map for bounty hunters (other players) when they are killed they have a heavy exp debt and potential to losing gear items they have on them. So you may once or twice here and there but if you stay passive than those bad player got something big coming to them. Their is no real meaning to attacking innocent players they cannot take your items.

</blockquote>

Okay, that's helpful. May I ask, what happens if you do defend yourself? Do you also get flagged? Or lose your items? Just making sure. I greatly appreciate your responses. I'm also still currently wondering if through large scale pvp we may lose our houses, etc.

You seem knowledgeable, so may I ask another thing? Do you know, if like some other KS projects, AoC will allow us to upgrade our pledges and pay the difference following the end of the KS, or no? I'm currently pledged at the Braver of Worlds tier. However, I wouldn't much mind pledging significantly higher given the opportunity to save a bit for it.
  • Options
    To Desminith

Okay, that's helpful. May I ask, what happens if you do defend yourself? Do you also get flagged? Or lose your items? Just making sure. I greatly appreciate your responses. I'm also still currently wondering if through large scale pvp we may lose our houses, etc.

You seem knowledgeable, so may I ask another thing? Do you know, if like some other KS projects, AoC will allow us to upgrade our pledges and pay the difference following the end of the KS, or no? I'm currently pledged at the Braver of Worlds tier. However, I wouldn't much mind pledging significantly higher given the opportunity to save a bit for it.

Hopefully this posts; the forum's been giving me a bit of trouble recently.
  • Options
    For example It will be the totally different race orc in its personalization in its two variants, and, they will have a rough and aggressive aspect, or more animated like other mmos?Armor and aspect.
  • Options
    If you do defend yourself you will be Flagged PvP (not corrupt) you wont lose your items for defending yourself of course they wont be labeled corrupt for fighting you. They are trying to make it so if you are going PvP your meant to get something out of it. Caravans are where the main PvP in open world will happen.

The goals in sieges (which is what you are kind referring to) means you will be vulnerable to attack. You will have to defend it, they cannot steal items so to speak but they may want that land should they succeed in taking over the city. if you succeed in protecting your freehold and your city than there is a lengthy Cool down before another Siege can happen
    (increments 10,20,30,40 days depending on level of the node)

http://aocwiki.net/The_World

here is a website to help with some questions. Things are changing here and there due to being pre alpha, but the Intrepid Studios team is very open on what they are doing. the twitch TV interviews are the best place for information because they are the most up to date.

so far the word about upgrading the KS pledge package is a no, but I heard they thought about upgrading beta keys to alpha (huge maybe on that)
  • Options
    Hi, if i need only unique race, how i can buy only race skin? 1000$ for 1 skin its very expensive