Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

FAQ's about Ashes of Creation

Comments

• Options
    Just found this, really interested. There is a lot of room for improvement, but I see a lot of potential.

Cant wait to play
  • Options
    Look forward to seeing this game!
  • Options
    With the promise that you will cope? And it will be as with no man's sky
  • Options
    Can't find if this has been asked or not, but will the pay to play model (guessing by month)
    Will your month that you pay for still count down even if you aren't able to play a few days out of those months? Or will the days you can't get on be recycled to your other month? If not will it be considered?
  • Options
    [quote quote=13227]Can’t find if this has been asked or not, but will the pay to play model (guessing by month)
    Will your month that you pay for still count down even if you aren’t able to play a few days out of those months? Or will the days you can’t get on be recycled to your other month? If not will it be considered?

[/quote]'

I certainly hope the credits or such roll over if there is going to be a monthly thing.
    As far as i know there isn't going to be ANY p2w features in the game.
  • Options
    Woooo, almost time, woooo
  • Options
    we are playing ar...geonline for three years (EU). if this game better then ar...geonline , we want to come here . And We wonder this game
  • Options
    I'm assuming news of alpha and beta test schedules will be announced after the success of the kickstarter campaign. I think more people would be inclined to fund a kickstarter if a release schedule was included. It's risky enough paying for game that may or may not suit our tastes and expectations, but having to wait up to years to even find out ....
  • Options
    I definitely agree. More specifics are essential.

Information first, money later.
  • Options
    One thing I noticed is that there wasn't mention about sea. Honestly I'd like sea stuff to be available. Like is there any info on this?
  • Options
    [quote quote=13475]One thing I noticed is that there wasn’t mention about sea. Honestly I’d like sea stuff to be available. Like is there any info on this?

[/quote]

Yeah, I haven't heard talk about it either. I would really like to see something similar to ArchAge's sea faring system. Very in depth and a good model to draw inspiration from.
  • Options
    [quote quote=13230]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/16/#post-13227" rel="nofollow">Lanen wrote:</a></div>
    Can’t find if this has been asked or not, but will the pay to play model (guessing by month)
    Will your month that you pay for still count down even if you aren’t able to play a few days out of those months? Or will the days you can’t get on be recycled to your other month? If not will it be considered?

</blockquote>

I certainly hope the credits or such roll over if there is going to be a monthly thing.
    As far as i know there isn’t going to be ANY p2w features in the game.

[/quote]

Thank you Bhan, I do hope it is made this way...it won't kill my urge to play the game, but it will make it so I can play when I can plus play for a longer period of time over all. God I want this game so bad I can taste it...and it tastes GLORIOUS!
  • Options
    [quote quote=13514]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/16/#post-13230" rel="nofollow">Bhan wrote:</a></div>
    <blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/16/#post-13227" rel="nofollow">Lanen wrote:</a></div>
    Can’t find if this has been asked or not, but will the pay to play model (guessing by month)

</blockquote>

</blockquote>
    Thank you Bhan, I do hope it is made this way…it won’t kill my urge to play the game, but it will make it so I can play when I can plus play for a longer period of time over all. God I want this game so bad I can taste it…and it tastes GLORIOUS!

[/quote]

Definitely an idea that should be kept on the table. Not impossible, and can feasibly be accomplished. Most MMORPG have a feature that tracks a players logged hours on a particular character or the game in general.

Combing that technology with the payment method seems to be the most practical means of accomplishing something like that.

I would like to see that added, it would certainly increase my respect and adoration for company and possibly nudge AoA closer to being considered one of the greater MMORPG. However, if it wasn't implemented, I would still try the game at the very least.
  • Options
    [quote quote=13554]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/17/#post-13514" rel="nofollow">Lanen wrote:</a></div>
    <blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/page/16/#post-13230" rel="nofollow">Bhan wrote:</a></div>
    <blockquote>

</blockquote>

</blockquote>
    Thank you Bhan, I do hope it is made this way…it won’t kill my urge to play the game, but it will make it so I can play when I can plus play for a longer period of time over all. God I want this game so bad I can taste it…and it tastes GLORIOUS!

</blockquote>
    Definitely an idea that should be kept on the table. Not impossible, and can feasibly be accomplished. Most MMORPG have a feature that tracks a players logged hours on a particular character or the game in general.

Combing that technology with the payment method seems to be the most practical means of accomplishing something like that.

I would like to see that added, it would certainly increase my respect and adoration for company and possibly nudge AoA closer to being considered one of the greater MMORPG. However, if it wasn’t implemented, I would still try the game at the very least.

[/quote]

Same here...it's to good an idea to at least try it. i might come back here on a weekly basis and start to not do the hourly daily thing..just so it feels like it'll go faster to me..(in my head) lol I hope they have draws later on when the game is I stablished for free sub or something of the like...I wish I could blast out 500 bucks but since it's American and I'm Canadian that's to hefty for my wallet. Don't think my hydro/rent/food bills would appreciate the lack of funds hahahaha plus having a kid limits my outgoing spending. Hahahaha.
  • Options
    Same here...it's to good an idea to at least try it. i might come back here on a weekly basis and start to not do the hourly daily thing..just so it feels like it'll go faster to me..(in my head) lol I hope they have draws later on when the game is established for a chance at a free sub or something of the like...I wish I could blast out 500 bucks but since it's American and I'm Canadian that's to hefty for my wallet. Don't think my hydro/rent/food bills would appreciate the lack of funds hahahaha plus having a kid limits my outgoing spending. Hahahaha.
  • Options
    When is this game even supposed to release?
  • Options
    [quote quote=13742]When is this game even supposed to release?

[/quote]

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/

We on the board say from 2018-2020-hoping 2019 near end at most but you never know. They are in pre-production?
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to this game. Please please PLEASE include deep character customization.

That said, it appears the developers here have been paying attention to much of the complaints people have with current MMOs and looking for solutions. I'm glad to see that. I will not play if it goes PTW.

My question is the same as a previous poster (I did not see a response) in that once a character is created on a specific server, are they stuck there? In the Kickstarter video, it is said that there will be communication across servers. Does this also mean there will be movement as well?

Thanks for your attention
    ~Kat
  • Options
    Will emblems of guilds? On mantles and coats of arms for example
  • Options
    [quote quote=664]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/#post-659" rel="nofollow">Reht wrote:</a></div>
    <blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/faqs-about-ashes-of-creation/#post-658" rel="nofollow">Aggelos wrote:</a></div>
    I love the PvP system. Reminds me of Ultima Online.

</blockquote>
    Just out of curiosity, how does it remind you of UO? I see people already complaining about non-consensual pvp on other sites and have seen anything to back up that pvp will be non-consensual, at least in part. There is almost no info on it beyond the FAQ answer. Are you talking about the flagging system, arenas, champion spawns, world pvp (at least in Felucca).

</blockquote>
    It seems a little premature for the carebear community to be up in arms, especially considering that PvP sounds fairly limited.

[/quote]
    I think it is a fair question, as people will be paying substantial amounts of money if they fund the kickstarter and also pay a subscription each month. I would very much like to hear how that would play out, being what you laughingly refer to as a 'carebear'
  • Options
    I know you said about being able to turn down settings for lower spec pcs, but is there a rough estimate at the moment for the recommended system specs?
  • Options
    I believe it said "December 2018" either on this site or on the kickstarter, if that is any help. (dont quote me on that XD )
  • Options
    These forums are so bugged: can't edit posts, topics get lost frequently.
  • Options
    Hi, I have a question. In MMORPGs a huge thing to consider, in my opinion, is the unique build aspect. The manner in which you build your character in the class/stats/skills system.
    Like, for example, I believe that if you're allowed to choose which stats you're improving when leveling up that's very positive. Such as the skills, making you choose not just
    learning it, but making you go down a path. Using the video from DeathsProxy (Part 11) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkupil0DHww], the class system combination is awesome, the secondary option,
    resulting in 64 combinations of class build. But this reminds me of some games, for example, ArcheAge had a similar system (with 120
    different possible classes), which is cool. But playing AA I've stopped to think: "Wait a minute, there's only one tree of skills for tank and one tree of
    skills for a healer". So, that's lame. In comparison, if we look at WOW, the system is way better in general, because there's a lot of tanking skills and healing
    skills. I'm not saying that WOW class/skills/stats (build) system is perfect, but in this case they have a win against AA. In practice, in the
    scenario that you're queuing for a dungeon or raid, or even in some PVP aspects, you need to fill a role, like there needs to have the DPS, the Tank and the Healer (and it's cool
    to fill a role), and in the ArcheAge system you'll only have one healer and one tank option (or maybe just a few), because there's only one tree skill for each. The tank skills
    options are very limited in a low number, which makes the tank option not unique, but you can make more off-tank options, but still, the defensive skills are limited. And in the
    WOW class system you find a larger varity of options, in your dungeon you may find a paladin healer, or a shaman healer, a druid healer, or a monk healer, that results in a lot of
    different healing and supporting skills, with different animations, different functionlaty, different area effects, etc... So the class/skill of specialization type
    system in WOW is more unique than the AA class/skill system (at least for the tank/healer role). Of course WOW is very limited in the build aspect, you don't have that huge skill tree
    that you have to make your path, you only need to choose your specialization and the limited skills called talent that you have to pick one out of three for each 15 levels.

So, my question is, will the AoC class system end like ArcheAge? I hope not. I actually hope there will be more freedom to decide the stat increase, choose the skills and build
    your own unique character. Allowing you to make awesome and crazy builds, but not making you limited in the amount of skills options (like AA). I'm a fan of the Ragnarok Online system,
    where you can go for the stats that you want and skills that you want. Thank you so much for reading!

PS: Explaining why is this a huge aspect:
    I believe this is a huge deal because in the past years that a lot of MMORPG have been developed, we see poeple attracted to this many options of class combinations, they're very
    hyped about it. You can see that even going to the MOBAs, where people look for videos on youtube that other players go for a crazy build. The metas are something that poeple get
    excited about. When they try that crazy build, and if it works it's like an mental orgasm! hahaha. Even the victims for that meta, when you get killed for someone with that bizzare
    composition/build (or a champion/hero that is a tank that goes in a dps role), they think "WTF just happened?? That works? AWESOME!!" hahaha and they're
    dead lol.. but anyways, I think this improves a lot in the gameplay.
  • Options
    Curious about the Node system and zone of influence. The node itself is static? If I and some friends were to grind say near a river bank near water..the static node would eventually spawn NPCS? So regardless of where we grind or craft, the zone of influence is sending info to that "static "node, yes? It's not like we can spawn a node on a river bank specifically for the purposes of trying to start an economic city, right?..The node may be close but we won't be able to choose by picking a certain place to kill mobs and craft?(And if they're static, are they also hidden?) So we won't know a node has become tier one until we stumble across the tents and bonfire?
  • Options
    Hello, the game will be available for colombia?
  • Options
    [quote quote=14532] I’m not saying that WOW class/skills/stats (build) system is perfect, but in this case they have a win against AA.
    [/quote]

I understand what you're saying; there is one healer tree (vitalism) although you can count songcraft as well; one tank tree (defense), etc. But in my opinion, if you were filling a role in AA you were picking that specific class (healer = vita, tank = def, mdps = br, rdps = archery or sorcery) and augmenting it with two other classes to tailor your role to specific needs. IMO there was a lot more flexibility in AA than in WOW, since in WOW if your class got nerfed you either dealt with it or rerolled, while in AA you could simply swap that class out for another one. Maybe it was because I played a Paladin, which allowed me to swap classes and only a few pieces of gear around to either heal, tank or dps, but for me it was the best design execution for class builds I've yet to see in an MMO. AA's biggest flaw was the P2W aspect, otherwise it was a great game.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a system the EQ had, where as soon as you hit lvl 40 (I think, can't remember) you could stop your regular XP and do AA's (Alternative Advancement), this added things like regen, extra mana, health etc, as well as increasing spells, weapon skill etc. So every person could have a unique build as these AA's amounted to something like 300 extra points. But it had it's flaws, because there was always the optimum build that every class followed. So if we could have some control over where our xp went and into what stats it would be great.
  • Options
    The hype for this is real. Don't let us down Intrepid...no pressure ;)
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it has been asked yet or not. I've tried looking through all the pages and can't seem to find anyone that has asked this question...

If you are joining together with a couple of friends and want to work together. How easy would it be to meet up with each other? Is there a way of starting off closer to each other? Is there a set number of starting spawn places? Do races all have their own starting spot?

I know it is a lot of questions and I'm sure we'll find them out at some point.

This game looks fantastic and can't wait to be able to jump into it!