Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• flameh0tflameh0t Member, Braver of Worlds
    Niküa Nightspell 😎
    I really wanted the garb of the silent hurricane.. Missed it though..
  • I am going to be a Tulnar Archwizard. All the mage powers just seem really fun to use. Arch Lightning with the Lightning augment just sounds like a ton of damage as well. A press of a button deleting a whole army.
    Future Tulnar Archwizard

For me, the only good day is one filled with study and explosions.

-Archwizard Slizard
  • Shaman/Necromancer sound like a cool blend of healing/summoning
    due9c5V.png
  • The shadowmancer looks the most promising to me. That or Necromancer.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Dwarf Highsword for starters, and probably Templar second. All other alts will the most annoying classes available, just to F with people.
  • more than likely a py’rai scion!!
  • Bard/Stripper. I want to buy an Economic Node mayorship with my stripping tips. Just cos it sounds hilarious.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Pirate wrote: »
    Sholer wrote: »
    Necromancer

That sounds tempting to me as well!!!

You 2 had better be careful. I believe Nagash has called 'dibs' on playing a Necromancer (and by 'dibs' I mean he is the only one allowed to play one. period. Anyone else who attempts to play one will be KOS)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • GeronimoGeronimo Member
    edited October 2020
    Probably a Py'Rai spellshield using whatever the "evasion" tank skill tree is, that sounds interesting...
  • WoodOxWoodOx Member, Explorer, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the sound of Sentinal and Soulbow. I usually lean towards support or ranged dps classes, so will def be testing out cleric, ranger, bard, and summoner. ...and maybe fighter.... It's so hard to narrow things down haha.
  • i will totally go for tank/fighter or figther/tank, it depends on who can stay longer in the zerg pvp while chasing healers around in a total rampage of defensive madness!!!, and i will probable go orc
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Pirate wrote: »
    Necromancer

You 2 had better be careful. I believe Nagash has called 'dibs' on playing a Necromancer (and by 'dibs' I mean he is the only one allowed to play one. period. Anyone else who attempts to play one will be KOS)

I will be hunting down all necromancers
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Pirate wrote: »
    Necromancer

I will be hunting down all necromancers

ooh, I sense a dance-off.
    With skeletal backup dancers.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • ThouDevonThouDevon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Necromancer for me. At least i hope it to be my pick. need to test it in alpha and beta and see if it's the necromancer that ive been longing for so long.

Havent checked the wiki for it and i prolly wont. wanna see it myself before :)

If it doesnt feel Necromancery enough then maybe ranger of some sorts.
    octopath-octopath-traveler.gif
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulnar Wildblade
  • Oh boy, at this point I don't know enough to decide.

Rogue, bard and fighter combined between themselves has some appeal, but so are the fighter+mage combos.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Healing class or something like the Gladiator in Aion (Heavy armor and polearm)
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Karatos wrote: »
    Tulnar Wildblade

tenor.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Somewhat undecided. Really depends on summoner for me. Reserving judgement until I see what bard and summoner are capable of. If i had to give an answer, probably tellsword/bladedancer to recreate captain from LOTRO or any of the summoner classes.
  • Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    Whatever out of Ranger, Rogue, Fight or Mage combines speed, mobility and damage the most.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • edited October 2020
    It's definitely gonna be a tough call for me...is "all of them!!!" an option?

Most likely I'll spend the majority of my days in the Warlock/Acolyte/Necromancer triangle 💀
    community_management.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Most likely I'll spend the majority of my days in the Warlock/Acolyte/Necromancer triangle 💀

Welcome to the cult
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Nagash wrote: »

Welcome to the cult

Oh god. Bone Daddy and the Pale Queen.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Sathrago wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

Welcome to the cult

Oh god. Bone Daddy and the Pale Queen.

While the Dragon Reigns.
  • IreriIreri Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Healer for sure though not sure which variant yet. I prefer burst healing to doing HoTs on every group member constantly so I'll have to try them out. It certainly won't be one that stands around and spams AoEs; that's beyond boring. *Gives ESO the evil eye.*
  • I have been looking for a game to play as a Battle-Mage forever. I'll have to see how the game mechanics play out, but I really want to main a sword that I can augment with elemental energies! That could end up being more of a Spellsword though....

Worst case I just run around punching people with elements like in Avatar, fire-nation style.
  • Qock wrote: »
    I have been looking for a game to play as a Battle-Mage forever. I'll have to see how the game mechanics play out, but I really want to main a sword that I can augment with elemental energies!

Hehe, even if it's not to your playstyle, it's worth it for the RP benefits!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Man looking at this class chart has me salivating.

My play style typically revolves around enjoying high mobility/high dps but some of these choices just sound awesome. Most likely will spend a lot of time between fighter/ranger/rogue triad.

However, Battle-Mage and Warlock are really calling out to me as well...

Can't wait to start playing around with these in Alpha2!

• WinnugamiWinnugami Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have been a tank in every MMO that I have played for years, so probably that. Playstyle wise, I love sustain tanks. Looking at the tank subtypes, I can see maybe Paladin being sustainy, or maybe Warden with a nature base. That all said, I have had this image in my head of what a Keeper would be for so long that I will probably end up with that. I just foresee summoning massive walls or floating shields to defend myself and my allies.

I am going to with Keeper as my final answer for now.
  • The Shadowblade has me by the throat, so I guess that one will do