Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, August 26, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• DeadDucklingDeadDuckling Member
    edited August 2022
    In the last update, Steven talked about the ducklings he and John had over the last summer that all got eaten by falcons
    If I am a Falconer Class (Ranger+Summoner), will my falcon eat ducklings?
  • Regarding the appointment of militaristic mayors, what is stopping a group of friends from entering the free-for-all arena and throwing it to let another friend win?
  • DrungleDrungle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will player stalls and personal shops be sell only, or will we have both selling options available on one page of the shops and a buy page for things we are interested in (ie over night etc)?

In L2, you could set up personal shops to buy items when you went afk overnight (which is nice for attempting to undercut AH prices). You could post up right as people come into town in case they want to dump materials. (Context for the question and why it's relevant)
  • At what level of crafting mechanics will be available during the alpha 2 test phase?

How involved will the guild leaders ability to help direct their community or guild?

Will, there be guild storage that's available in only one area, or is it available to all through a network of banks?
    mgw46izdoo6o.png
  • CapitanDuckieCapitanDuckie Member, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    Will there be any possibilities for characters to have a secondary weapon to hotswap in combat depending on the context? I.e if a rogue levels into ranger becoming a predator, if he starts an engagement with a bow can he swap over to daggers once the enemy draws close, or are you guys thinking a more static decide before encounter start type system?
  • alexfryaralexfryar Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    How's the team doing?
  • Will cooking be discovery based? ie: Mixing butter, flour, and water discovers pastry dough; mixing berries, lemons, flour, and sugar discovers berry pie filling; and mixing pastry dough with pie filling discovers a berry pie recipe.
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will personal inventory limits tied to the backpack affect movement speed, e.g.: being overweight/overburdened causes the player to move slower over the play area?
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • TechnobladeTechnoblade Member
    edited August 2022
    Do you ever plan to make an in game market where people can sell services and resources for real world or in game money.
    I am of the personal belief that something like eve.io will happen.
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    A while back i asked about possible spot tests for the combat system, which is something Intrepid seems to consider according to Vaknar. So my question is, is there anything new around that topic that you can share with us?
  • In today's reality of the game industry is very developed various services with the sale of game values for real money. Often these people use bots for farming game currency or other resources, including character boosting. I have a question: how much you are concerned about this issue and what measures you intend to take to keep the ingame world untouched from such figures ?
  • Is it a possibility that in future expansions after the release of the game, you will add additional class archetypes ?
  • Do you have plans for making public access APIs so that third-party developers have the opportunity to build their own applications based on your shareable information?
  • If I started by Pre-ordered the starting $75 pack for the game, would I then be able to upgrade to a higher tier pack with the difference in cost. Or, would I just have to buy a higher tier bundle for the same price from there on out?
  • ELRYNOELRYNO Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2022
    Is there any news on Jeff's replacement?
  • Pls don't forget about us Asians (including middle east) servers.
  • LexxeLexxe Member
    edited August 2022
    The Tulnar & Underrealm Darkness

How dark will the Underrealm or parts of it be? Could the Tulnar have developed greater night vision compared to the other races due to living underground for a very long time?
  • CatSnievansCatSnievans Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With Animal Husbandry, will we be able to train combat pets with written commands so that when we say them they obey, like in Star Wars Galaxies? Like for attack or a trick, or will it just be UI buttons?
    Last Week's News, Today!
    Youtube
    Twitch
  • thelazypeonthelazypeon Member, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Question - Game Integrity

Some MMOs whilst not directly P2W in game are indirectly P2W because they don't take harsh enough action against gold buying, will you be more harsh on these players than other MMOs to maintain the integrity of the game in ashes?

- Will you permanently ban players who buy gold from third party websites?
  • One of the biggest aspects of this game will revolve around the ocean and being able to navigate through it weather it be merchant ships/Caravans, pvp or boss content. When can we expect Intrepid to elaborate on ocean content and a demonstration of that content?
  • How will caravan delivery work on costal nodes, will we be able to deliver straight from the naval caravan as a ship in a dock area dedicated for deliveries or we will have to transition to a land caravan before the city then drive inside the city walls ?
  • i readed that one of the punishments for killing a green one is the reduction of stats, i asume this is to dissuade max lvl ppl to abuse ppl not able to defend themselves, but don't you think it could make killing ppl not fun? is ok if you want to protect ppl with less lvl than corrupt players, but if i am max lvl and i just kill max lvl players because i'm better than them, why the game should punish me with stats reduction? in that case players should punish me by isolate me from the economy or something like that
    i think this will really dissuade people from killing others, making the bounty hunter feature almost useless making military nodes lesser interesting compared with others, so i think it will be better for the game saying that there won't be pk's because that scares casuals
  • ChaoserChaoser Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Would you be open to the idea of having a trial version, and consequently isolated trial servers for the game?
    uNIJtZO.png
  • In every mmo we get the same "proplem" of not enough tanks for dungeons and other activities that requires tanks. Do you have any thoughts that counters this "problem"? Thanks in regards!
  • SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do you have in plan, to have "Player Support" for more languages?
    If yes which languages you will be supporting?
  • In the last update, Steven talked about the ducklings he and John had over the last summer that all got eaten by falcons
    If I am a Falconer Class (Ranger+Summoner), will my falcon eat ducklings?
    boo-boo-this-man.gif

Booooooo....

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will all weapon abilities look the same irrespective of what weapon is used? I.e. will a weapon ability look the same with a level 1 sword and a level 50 legendary sword?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Will we be able to customize and save our user interface before the game launches? So, it will be ready to go just like our characters will be.
  • In terms of the furnishings which can boost the affect of crafted items. Would you get these primarily through carpentry or some other means.
  • with botting and boosting services being an issue in other MMORPG games what are your intentions of combatting this with Ashes Of Creation?