Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Open world Raid/Boss Possible problems

124»

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    So you would know that the concern that players can just /trade their friends after a PK (going red) and dying them is NOT VALID because nearby people can jump on the red, kill them and loot before the trade is complete. It is then a matter of luck for the friend of the red to try and pick up the dropped weapon and armor BEFORE all these nearby people do.

And if there arent nearby people, the red and his friend might as well kill mobs to remove the corruption. There is NO EXPLOIT.

Now if there is a bunch of people on the same group/guild and one of them goes red on a few innocent greens, them greens can go cry to their mom. If there are nearby bystanders they may choose to keep their heads down, or attack the red, in which case:
    the friends of the red will kill them, going red also.
    the healer of the red will heal, going purple; the bystanders can keep attacking the red endlessly or try to take down the purple healer, in which case they will be legally killed.

Either way, the red and his big group of friends can ride into the sunset to burn off the corruption doing PvE instead of /trade /kill.
    Still not an exploit.

Who ever told you or the OP that if you go red you must 10000% lose your gear?
    This system is subpar to you? Go play AA then which I tried and find it to lack objectives for guild glory, splitting half your gametime doing chores for profit and the other half chacing gear enchantments on the same boring path.
    Not to mention the p2w.

I will agree with one thing. I too lost interest after C5. But the PK/karma system is the best pvp system for a proper open world mmo.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No one said they must lose the gear. Steven said there is a small chance for losing gear once a player has been tainted by corruption. Steven also said that the level of corruption increases the chance to lose gear. I never even mentioned losing gear. I only mentioned the 60% 40% loot split dependant on damage and of course the fact that the dance makes pvp shit. I'd much rather just have the straight forward World PvP but I realise that Ashes does not have world pvp the same as other games.

I was quite intrigued by Throne and Liberty. I'm not sure whether I'll play it on Ps5 rather than A2. I didn't really want to level twice in Ashes. I had enough of all the levelling in A1. Of course, TnL is not the l3 anymore, they turned from Lost Ark style to 3rd person style. I tried to put the click move pointer into Ashes like L2 had. I think combined with free flow combat the system would've grand. I still plan on guarding caravans so the corruption system shouldn't really apply except when I'm levelling.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I still think that removing the ability to kill the PKer if you're in the same party/raid/guild/alliance would be a good addition, just to justify the BH system and make the "red gameplay" riskier.

While the interaction itself is not an exploit, I do think it makes the red's life easier and, imo, more boring. You wanna live life on the edge - do so. Be hunted and try killing mobs while several BHs are on your ass. That seems like an amazing way to spend an evening to me.
  • Options
    It will be a game of cat and mouse. The corrupted players don't need to get rid of corruption to fight bounty hunters...the corrupted players don't lose fighting efficiency against bounty hunters. Players will go corrupted just to fight Bounty Hunters.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Neurath wrote: »
    It will be a game of cat and mouse. The corrupted players don't need to get rid of corruption to fight bounty hunters...the corrupted players don't lose fighting efficiency against bounty hunters. Players will go corrupted just to fight Bounty Hunters.
    Yes, and that game is more fun than just PKing someone when you need to and then your friend clearing your corruption immediately (that is if dying is the only valid way to remove corruption).

And this would address the complaint of "group friends can PK freely and avoid the biggest penalty of the system". Obviously dying to your friends is still not really an exploit, because you're not avoiding the main penalty, but I agree that the gear drop part gets kinda weakened in that case.

And as I said, this change would just make the system more fun imo.
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder if people read my posts or just all get on the same bandwagon. I was very clear that you can just kill PvE entities to get rid of Xp debt and corruption at the same time. Hell, bounty hunters have to flag in order to locate corrupted players, thus, the green friends could also nuke the Bounty Hunter.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Sometimes I wonder if people read my posts or just all get on the same bandwagon. I was very clear that you can just kill PvE entities to get rid of Xp debt and corruption at the same time. Hell, bounty hunters have to flag in order to locate corrupted players, thus, the green friends could also nuke the Bounty Hunter.
    Literally says "flags only to corrupted players"
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bounty_hunters

So the green friends will have to go corrupted too.

And yes, you can kill mobs to remove corruption, but we don't know the details about how much corruption it removes and whether it'd be just way faster to just die to a friend (which I addressed in my post). So removing the ability of your friends to kill you (that is if you're in a guild/raid/alliance together) would add a much bigger push to farm mobs instead.

Alternatively you could die to a mob, if you have strong mobs near you that would kill you fast enough. But if you have those mobs and your friends with you - it'd obviously be more beneficial to avoid the death penalties as a whole.
  • Options
    Yeah, I used to joke that I would kill the corrupted until they dropped the weapons so they can't kill PvE. They'd have to just suicide. Yet, I've decided on a different course of action. Its not even clear if healing a grouped corrupted player will turn you corrupted or not. Seeing as the killing blow makes one corrupted. Anyway, the whole system will be different after A2. Its why I'm rather ambivalent about the whole process and especially the die hard dispositions some have on the corruption system right now.

Normally, I wouldn't even trouble my brain or waste my time with things that are all subject to change. However, I move in and out of being stoked for Ashes and thus drift onto the forums and waste time before I lose interest again and disappear for a time.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Anyway, the whole system will be different after A2. Its why I'm rather ambivalent about the whole process and especially the die hard dispositions some have on the corruption system right now.
    It would be quite bold of Intrepid to completely shift from the currently promised system. And the fact that they've barely changed their systems/promises in the past 5 years leads people to be quite adamant in their belief in what the pvp system will be. Especially when you compound the absence of change in design direction with Steven's love for L2/AA, with L2 being the main inspiration for the pvp system.
  • Options
    I don't want the corruption system to be removed. I merely meant that the corruption debuff will be tested and tweaked. The actual substance of the system. What else can happen except the changes due to players experiencing the corruption.

From my experience, the same thing will happen in Ashes that happened in Age of Conan. The Non PvP players will outnumber the PvP players thus the corruption penalties will be ramped to the hilt. In Age of Conan the non PvP players managed to get NPC Guards added which would one shot PvPers. Anyway, I would normally just listen to Steven but naturally since Jeff has gone everything has been given to the community to hash out, even things that were diehard cast prior to Jeff leaving.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    World pvp is totally pointless and optional...
  • Options
    Some of the best pvp i've had has been in the open world. I was driving across tattooine once and flew over some sand dunes and there below was a huge battle. Naturally, i reinforced the Allies against The Empire but the battle was tons of fun because no one had doctors' buffs.

Node Wars and Guild Wars will be played in the open world. So too will Caravan skirmishes. Players will have flying mounts in the open world and will be able to engage in the open world with them. Otherwise, these creatures will only be used in sieges which would be a real shame.

Furthermore, Guilds can arrange open world fights outside of guild wars. Duels also happen in the open world. There is so much richness in open world pvp that the devs have not banned it, they've just put rules around it.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I didn't say "open world".
  • Options
    What else would you mean by world pvp? There is no other definition than open world pvp. No one says closed world pvp because closed world pvp does not exist. Its classified as instanced PvP. Unless you are claiming Arena and Battlegrounds aren't worthwhile?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    World pvp from GW2 and AA.
    When PvP is allowed without any penalties in certain zones. Just mindless killing.
  • Options
    I think perhaps Warhammer Online also had World PvP then. Perhaps some others I've played. Its a strange term I've never really heard before. I did also play GW2 and a little of AA. I guess I just pvp whenever I can without much thought.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    “Meaningless PvP”.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    “Meaningless PvP”.

Go roleplay somewhere else.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    LMAO
    Or…roleplay and participate in meaningful PvP.
  • Options
    This thread has lost its meaning and the initial debate about the topic has already been covered. maybe time to close this thread.
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2022
    I disagree with most of what you wrote but these two quotes are priceless. Says more about you both than you realise. You actually putting words into my posts which were never meant to be there. I just can't get my head into your head spaces. lol.

I literally quoted each piece of text you wrote and gave my interpretation and counter argument to them. How am I "putting words into your posts which were never meant to be there"? Is it forbidden to reach conclusions and make assumptions out of what people write? Or is only forbidden when it's disagreeing with them? Probably the latter.

If you were sharp enough you'd understand why I used words such as "carebear", that says more about you than you realize. Let me help you: carebears and PvP elitists are usually equally extremist and dull, so mocking both and using ad hominem serves to show how wrong you usually are.

But trying to create a strawman out of things you disagree with or accusing others of creating a strawman is a lot easier than arguing, am I right?

In any case, please keep spouting your thoughts, they are a very good way of showing your lack of knowledge, understanding and experience with MMORPGs.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Kardin wrote: »
    Then main point is that there are actually no downside in doing pk especially if you cant go back with levels, there are a lot of information that we dont know yet and the numebers of this penalty are not pubblic yet, at the moment the only downside that you cant avoid is a loss of around 3% exp at max level (wiki info) but can still be offset with a little bit of farm after you clense your corruption.

In my opinion, you're being too simplistic and ignoring other facts to try and make your point. I can easily see a few downsides for going red in the Wiki page for corruption:
    • Dropping weapons and gear: self explanatory and it doesn't matter if your gear is equipped or in your inventory, it has the chance of being dropped regardless.
    • Corrupt players respawn at random locations in the vicinity of their death, not at regular spawn points: reds will probably be repeatedly killed, aka corpse camped, unless they log out in time.
    • Skill and stat dampening (due to corruption) only affects PvP combat: until you're almost back to green, you'll be weaker in PvP.
    • Gear degradation: every time you die, no matter if your gear is equipped or not, it will lose durability. And repairing gear is in the core of Ashes economy, so I'd bet it won't be cheap.

From my understanding, the only actual concern you have is the corrupted (red) player being killed over and over by his friends until they go back to being green, no risk of losing anything other than gear degradation.

Hopefully there will be systems in place to prevent you from temporarily dropping or trading your gear while you're red to avoid the off chance of losing it to a non-friend who kills you. Maybe it will be necessary to add more mechanics to prevent this type of corruption cleansing or maybe not. At the end of the day, the corruption system is a risk vs. reward mechanic, and from my understanding of Steven's point of view on PKing, it will be risky to do it.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    NricNric Member
    edited August 2022
    All dominant guilds break down internally. The bigger the guild the soon they fall.

L2 players know that when a guild is beeing dominant the other guilds do an alliance to take them out.
    This is good, creates drama and improvement for the rest of the guilds. Basically what makes the game fun.

Also map is so large that a single guild cant control every single open world raidboss.
    Fighting for raidbosses is one of the most fun things you can do in a MMO, also the big battles are the ones you will allways remember.

If you want to do the top of the end game content you should fight for it, doing PVP, doing alliances or making negotiations with the guilds.

The best histories are the ones that players create.
    Nric
  • Options
    World pvp from GW2 and AA.
    When PvP is allowed without any penalties in certain zones. Just mindless killing.

When I check google it is claimed world pvp is open world pvp. Some use the term word pvp for World of Warcraft and almost all other games. Its no wonder I haven't heard the term before. Its literally just open world pvp. The funny thing is i think the eastern mmos and mmos players use the term world pvp rather than open world pvp. Either way, its the exact same thing.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I disagree with most of what you wrote but these two quotes are priceless. Says more about you both than you realise. You actually putting words into my posts which were never meant to be there. I just can't get my head into your head spaces. lol.

I dont know where you life but if you would know someone that lost their loved ones to them you shure would think diffrently about it. shure its only 2 letters but getting reminded of terrible memorys isnt so my thing. i personlay dont care what religion someone has but killing other only because they didnt belive what you do ....

sadly i cant lol about such a matter
    Says more about you both than you realise.

jep that we are living irl and no fantasy world.
    You actually putting words into my posts which were never meant to be there.

Intrepid Studios never used the shortage you used cause they knew what it means globaly.
  • Options
    Beware of the lineage players.

ehh Steven is one such player

• Options
    I've used IS since 2018. I will continue to use IS. Other than that I use devs and devs is also fine. Its clear to me you are shit stirring because you don't read my posts. You just cherry pick what you think can wind me up which is very little.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NricNric Member
    Please guys respect the hippies.
    Nric
  • Options
    I doubt IS will remove Family Summons no matter how many of us are against the function.

I think family summons is fine, it just needs to have a 12-24 hour cooldown. It should absolutely not be a short enough cooldown to be used as a method of transportation for any purpose other than getting the boys together during 1 play session for the day.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    I've used IS since 2018. I will continue to use IS. Other than that I use devs and devs is also fine. Its clear to me you are shit stirring because you don't read my posts. You just cherry pick what you think can wind me up which is very little.
    Asraiel wrote: »
    i know you mean Interpid Studios when u writhe IS. but whenever i read it i understand first IS from Islamic State terror organization.
    I've used IS since 2018. I will continue to use IS. Other than that I use devs and devs is also fine. Its clear to me you are shit stirring because you don't read my posts.
    its ok for me that you use those initials, just mentioned what i and maybe others read at first
    Its clear to me you are shit stirring because you don't read my posts.
    i do read your posts but if i dont react to them thene theres nothing in them to react to
    Its clear to me you are shit stirring because you don't read my posts. You just cherry pick what you think can wind me up which is very little.
    didnt had to do anything with badtalking about you,
    but if someone realy would think, i would have the need to badtalk them even i dont know them personaly or they owe me money, then i would have to say to that person "grow up"

your reaction to my post was like
    a dog pissing on my leg thinking when you look at him: "is something?"

i did several reaction to posts of yours even befor that so it was clearly no cherrypick
    and to @Nric doesnt have to do anything with hippies