Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Livestream Q&A Question Thread – June 16, 2017

Comments

• How will the skills leveling work. Will they be use to strengthen or skill point association to level up. And when they level up will they respectively do more and more damage. Not just level to evolve the skill
  • Is the crafting gonna be a very in depth process where not just making the weapons and armor happens but also better quality perks are added on or randomly generated. Or have optional slots that can be unlocked as crafting levels which adds in additional perks being added on with varying levels depending on quality. Like different irons added in increase durability or and sand stone or quartz makes a sharpening bonus
  • How much freeholds will there be per city? Will it be a "first came first served" system?
  • Will there be humanoide races other than the playerraces?
  • Approximately how many square miles is the average zone?
  • Question 

It Will be any  leader board for any type of race?
  • Seeing as each race starts on another world and comes though a portal will the Tulnar be starting underground and just surfacing in to the world after the starting experience?
  • When a metropolis gets destroyed during a siege, what is going to happen to players who had invested or own houses in the metropolis?
  • When can we expect to see the start of alpha 1 and 2? What sort of time period will there be between the two?
  • What is the initial cost for each housing tier  going to be ?  
  • Will there be mounted combat?
  • +1 to @Yakobii's question. To add onto that, if you're making a sword can you use different materials to focus your weapon towards different niches? For example, lead or iron might be good for a warrior as the weapon would be slower but hit harder. Platinum or silver might be better for a rogue because it hits faster and has a higher crit chance.

To what extent are weapons materials customizable? If you can change the base ore, can you also use different types of wood for the handle, or different types of metal for arrow tips?
  • +1 to @Yakobii's question. To add onto that, if you're making a sword can you use different materials to focus your weapon towards different niches? For example, lead or iron might be good for a warrior as the weapon would be slower but hit harder. Platinum or silver might be better for a rogue because it hits faster and has a higher crit chance.

To what extent are weapons materials customizable? If you can change the base ore, can you also use different types of wood for the handle, or different types of metal for arrow tips?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Will dogs in the Metropolis that was running around "wild" in some of your videos be able to break invincibilty when a enemy is trying to start a seige? If yes will other animals that you breed have other abilities?
  • Will oceanic servers be open during alpha testing?
  • Question:

In most MMOs healers are slow to progress ( solo content like questing & leveling ) compare to other classes, what is your approach for healers in solo dps ? Also please give more information about your view for healers like what kind of healing playstyle ( mitigation / pure single target / AOE / HOTs ) especially for cleric class.

Thank You
  • Are new skills gonna be unlocked as we level up? It would be awesome if they were hidden and we had to discover them through exploration, quests, training with Npc's.
  • What kind of use will the pets have? Only visual, or will they perform specific tasks like getting the drop from the monsters, or maybe giving some buffs? I can't remember if the pets from the kickstarter are also skins.
  • for those of us who have  just now found AOC and the kick-starter is closed... can we still donate and get into an alpha  and/or  beta
  • When you  make an account on a server, is that account limited to that server?
  • Will player housing be sharred between all your characters?
    Example: if I already have a house/freehold  on one character will my other characters be able to use that house/freehold.
  • Question:
    You said that you want the game to be fun. Does that mean I could get to the level cap with reasonable time and to get my self well geared without grind just by doing fun stuff like quests, exploration and dungeons etc? 

Question 2: 
    Are you planning the game to have "grind-spots"  (for money or xp) in order to create more conflict and PvP or do you think that sort of thing is not included into your category of "meaningful conflict"?
  • Will Tanks have an aggro skill usable in PvP? 
  • When can we expect to hear more about the different archetypes and the augmentations that the combinations have?
  • Will there be any system or tools in place to curate towards content creators? e.g camera tool in blade and soul helped make some cool music videos 
  • I'm curious as for what concerns accessibility. I have some sight issues and I can't play a lot of games because reading to me is tiring and difficult. Will there be options that will make reading easier, maybe even voiced lore entries or such? 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Seeing as no one been on surface... how wild will the world be? 

Will there be companion pets with passives?

do you plan on having an active GM presence ingame. Like if someone is cheating we could contact and not wait 17 days for a response?

will you increase spawns during release to cater for the high player base?

monster tagging system? Which will you use? First hit means it belongs to you?

will monster grinding be an effective way to level up?

guild owned instanced areas? For guild farms etc?
  • How will you enforce the boundaries of the map given players can climb and levitate?
  • Question: About the world, considering the Node System, will small cities still be relevant somehow? Because no matter how cool the 5 big metropolis of the server are, if there's not other smaller cities that people would want to go and do things, it's gonna be weird.
  • Is there the ability to have atl characters? Meaning the ability to create more than just one character per account.