Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What sex will your character(s) be?

Comments

• Options
    I used to play #2 But after I got older i started play #3. There are way to many people who flirt with girl characters.
    You get weird ass messages when you play female toons. The worst for me was when I was playing a female toon and this guy messaged me saying "You've been running around in that heavy armor all day. Your feet must be sweaty. Can I suck your toes all night long?".  After I ignored him, his toon kept following me around as he spammed whispers "Hey, come back. Or keep running. Get sweatier." 

I tend to take things in stride and find humor where possible, as he was probably a lonely troll that was bored, but I'm sure there are a lot of players who wouldn't find it amusing. 
  • Options
    So curiosity got the best of me after a discussion with some of my fellow community members. 
    It came down to basically these three types.
    1. Roleplayers that make a character for story or character purpose.
    2. Men(Note men, none of the females in the conversation fell into this category.) that made female characters to oogle because of sexual desire, yeah! 
    3. To place yourself into the game, or a character of how you wish to see yourself. 
    I'm curious about you guys, how do you fall into the spectrum? 
    Personally I'm #3, if you don't fall into a category I would love to hear why and how you view it.
    Non-binary Chibi Grim Reaper.
  • Options
    Female IRL, all my characters have been female as well. I tried creating a male char once, but just couldnt go through with it, just didnt feel comfortable for myself.
  • Options
    All of these comments oh my yikes! 
    Okay so to give a heads up, 
    I heavily judge what you are based on your characters, if you have a female character then you are a girl to me. 
    Legit I treat you like a lady friend, and I've had so many cases where I'll join a voice call being all perky about to talk to my "girl gamer" friend and then theres a deep ass dude voice...
    I just sit there like, "honey no hah honey NO." 

Then leave. Like some of my friends do this as well, like one *cough he won't see this cough* who makes his characters tits always SUPER huge and perky. 
    I always end up sitting in dungeons staring at his characters tits trying to figure out the like... "how do these things work." logic more than anything else. 
    Its even better when acrobatics happen and I'm watching titsaurus over there flop around with rock hard tits that barely jiggle or shake. 

Like damn, that gives me chest pains just thinking about it. 
    I think games with too much jiggle are worse. I mean in Black Desert even metal armor won't stop the boobs department jumping around. Makes me cringe, I mean that's got to hurt. You would think with all the bras they sell in their shop girls and "girls" could find SOME support. 

On another matter, I find it interesting that so many people seem to have been harassed as a female character. I very rarely get that. I usually do play with at least one other person (usually female character too) so maybe they don't approach when you are not alone. Or maybe my characters are just not attractive enough... Now I'm confused if I should feel lucky or offended that they don't. ;) 
  • Options
    I generally like to play either gender, it depends on my experience. I generally take females since they seem to have better looking armor and such( or genderlocks. yuck)
    However, if there are enough horny RPers(not saying all are, but some are. those guys are soo annoying) I'll take a male char. It's mostly also in the case where the servers are exclusively RP. If the case is that neither cases apply,I'll just go for whichever suits my char better(like often I go for a female elf, male orc) so on so forth.
  • Options
    HA! I identify as an apache attack helicopter ;P
    sorry could not resist : D

I usually play both ... but I think I am going Male for my first character and female after I hit the level cap, depending on game play I might not have a second character till later on.

This is a very good question i like it :D

• Options
    @Bannith
    I thought only people that hated themselves hated everyone else  :/
    No no no your taking me to seriously you already failed test one... I'll give you my one rule.

1. You can only take me half serious a quarter of the time.

Disclaimer: Rules subject to change (including additions) at any point and time for seemingly unknown reasons. Thank you for using Bannith Services Inc. and have a nice day!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    It's a roleplaying game.

You should expect that the players are not exactly the same as their characters.
    You should not be surprised that players don't sound like Elves or Orcs or Tulnar.

You should expect the player's real life voice to sound like the player; not the character they are roleplaying.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Oharunsi said:
    HA! I identify as an apache attack helicopter ;P

:D  :D:D  hahaha STAAHHHP!  :D:D:D
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    It's a roleplaying game.

You should expect that the players are not exactly the same as their characters.
    You should not be surprised that players don't sound like Elves or Orcs or Tulnar.

You should expect the player's real life voice to sound like the player; not the character they are roleplaying.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I have no voice box and I must scream 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Dygz said:
    It's a roleplaying game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    @Nagash Heh, those neon stuff in the back ground seems like you're in some Ghost in the shell dysopian future advertising campaign
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Dygz said:
    It's a roleplaying game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    @Nagash Heh, those neon stuff in the back ground seems like you're in some Ghost in the shell dysopian future advertising campaign
    Well they are meant to be ghosts so at least that works ^^
  • Options
    My male characters will be male, and my female characters will be female. 

I've yet to play a mmorpg that lets you cross dress, so I guess that keeps it pretty simple for me. 

https://starrymantle.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dwarven-finery.jpg?w=640&h=640
    You missed out on LOTRO then, m8. Male, female, dwarf, elf, hobbit...didn't matter what you were, you could wear anything as a cosmetic. It made for some pretty funny outfits.

As for me, I'd be # 3. I just like the look of female characters over male, though in some Asian MMOs I'm not fond of some of their movements or models that can't be customized properly. I just haven't been able to stick with male toons for long.

• Options
    My male characters will be male, and my female characters will be female. 

I've yet to play a mmorpg that lets you cross dress, so I guess that keeps it pretty simple for me. 

https://starrymantle.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dwarven-finery.jpg?w=640&h=640
    You missed out on LOTRO then, m8. Male, female, dwarf, elf, hobbit...didn't matter what you were, you could wear anything as a cosmetic. It made for some pretty funny outfits.

As for me, I'd be # 3. I just like the look of female characters over male, though in some Asian MMOs I'm not fond of some of their movements or models that can't be customized properly. I just haven't been able to stick with male toons for long.

• Options
    Ashes will probably be the first mmo i don't make a bikini warrior in. I am ashamed. 
  • Options
    The only harassment I have ever received was for when I get more "bitchy." towards people. 

Aion Online - Guy that was a high ranking officer of lead guild on the faction didn't like me being put in charge over his squad for a fortress attack. 

"I'm older, and I have more experience - you're just some girl that sucked someone off to get where you are." Was basically the worst I've ever received, and he paid for it when I cut off any loot from falling into his pockets without saying a single word to him. 

@Solarion
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    But there are alot of perverts that play video games, I will say that. 
    A-l-o-t of them do not understand boundaries or what is "ok" to say. 

Aargo, from BDO. (I will call his username out now.) Was a member of my guild back then, my co-leader was a female as well. He joined us in a voice call for a raid night, and then proceeded to pm her with "Can you send me pictures of your face, your voice is just so beautiful I need to see what you look like." Then when she refused to he got increasingly more violent with "Fine then you're just a bitch, I'm trying to say I find you attractive theres no need to be such a bitch about it." To which I removed him for it, and he turned on me as a "You're just standing in my way of her, i don't want your bitchy ass I want her soft and sweet one, she is so perfect what is so wrong in me worshipping her." 

He was blacklisted by like 6 guilds because he verbally assaulted me via channel chat for being the type of girl to cock-block him. I was always the "take action" leader, and it was worth the hate. I got to watch him get hunted like a dog, he'd get ballsy and try to kill me alot of the time as well which always ended HORRIBLY for him. 

Other guilds will have similar stories of perverts as well, you hear of them being uncommon but not exactly rare. 

(Btw he asked for more than just face picks but, some of the specifics were disgusting. She was also not the first girl, just the only one that brought it to attention since she was a leader. He even asked this stuff of a fifteen-year-old girl, with comments of "She sounds old enough" as to why.) 
  • Options
    I will only play female characters unless it is a beast race, but even then I will also play the same sex in that race as well. I identify much more easily with females, and the feminine form is more pleasant to look at in my opinion. ^_^ I guess I'm sort of #1 and #3, but mostly I like to imagine that I'm exploring with a stranger, as if the avatar has her own mindset. I think this is partly because I love to create my own characters outside of gaming and imagine how they would react to different situations.
  • Options
    Sorry guys. I always figured boys that play in a female role are just jealous of ummmm.......our status in life as the heroes who suffered tortures that no man ever could to give you life. 

"...............whew I almost said of our superiority...."
  • Options
    @FairyPinkett
    I can imagine it's far worse for RL girls as you all have to deal with voice chat and the nastiness that spills over from in-game into the real world (or vice versa). I'm glad you say those experiences are few and far between though.
  • Options
    I'll probably have male characters as I'll be rping them and personally find rping a female a bit hard
  • Options
    you have not had a hard life till you meet someone trying to be dead. Sometimes they say show me your face and when I do then they say that's not real and i just cry because the don't believe me  :'(
  • Options
    Solarion said:
    @FairyPinkett
    I can imagine it's far worse for RL girls as you all have to deal with voice chat and the nastiness that spills over from in-game into the real world (or vice versa). I'm glad you say those experiences are few and far between though.
     IGNORE works well.   Those little boys sure hate being ignored. Best weapon yet. 

• Options
    edited June 2017
    If I am going to watch a character run around for hours--it will be a female:)

That was meant "mostly" as a joke. I look at it as this is a game and I create/play whatever character fits the RP aspect of how I plan to run a particular character. 
  • Options
    I'm a male, however at least in RPG games, I typically play as a female as a main. Not because I love to toggle at pixels lol, I just sometimes enjoy a different prospective, and I usually like how badass female characters can look with the right gear. Plus I find that most MMOS either animate male characters awkwardly, or try to make gear way too bulky on them for my liking.
  • Options
    Solarion said:
    @FairyPinkett
     IGNORE works well.   Those little boys sure hate being ignored. Best weapon yet. 

It's a good thing there's mute, block, and report because otherwise they tend to escalate when you ignore them in the traditional sense lol. I know what you mean though!
  • Options
    nagash said:
    you have not had a hard life till you meet someone trying to be dead. Sometimes they say show me your face and when I do then they say that's not real and i just cry because the don't believe me  :'(
    Sounds like a pain in the nagass. You'd have to make a custom undead FaceRig and get that voice altering software! You knew breaking the laws of nature for undeath would come at a hefty price  o:)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/274920/screenshots/
    I've never used the software myself, so I can't vouch for it. Maybe in the near future, it'll be too easy to RP and we'll have the opposite problem on our hands lol.
  • Options

Aargo, from BDO. (I will call his username out now.) Was a member of my guild back then, my co-leader was a female as well. He joined us in a voice call for a raid night, and then proceeded to pm her with "Can you send me pictures of your face, your voice is just so beautiful I need to see what you look like." Then when she refused to he got increasingly more violent with "Fine then you're just a bitch, I'm trying to say I find you attractive theres no need to be such a bitch about it." To which I removed him for it, and he turned on me as a "You're just standing in my way of her, i don't want your bitchy ass I want her soft and sweet one, she is so perfect what is so wrong in me worshipping her." 

He was blacklisted by like 6 guilds because he verbally assaulted me via channel chat for being the type of girl to cock-block him. I was always the "take action" leader, and it was worth the hate. I got to watch him get hunted like a dog, he'd get ballsy and try to kill me alot of the time as well which always ended HORRIBLY for him. 

Other guilds will have similar stories of perverts as well, you hear of them being uncommon but not exactly rare. 

(Btw he asked for more than just face picks but, some of the specifics were disgusting. She was also not the first girl, just the only one that brought it to attention since she was a leader. He even asked this stuff of a fifteen-year-old girl, with comments of "She sounds old enough" as to why.) 
    Well, I just have to say it madam, I am offended. 
    As the actual president of PoW (Perverts of the World) I'll state that my association has never represented, neither does or will, in any circumstances, support the acts of said mister Aargo.

My association stands proudly in the representation of the pervyness and kinks of the world since 40.000 b.C. We were there when the first genitalia were scribbled onto cave walls,we were there when the first dirty joke was made up, there when the first skirt lifted in the wind, always there, and never, miss, never we harrassed anyone! Instead, many proud members (mostly males but I am outbursting with prideful tears in recognising the well deserved membership of many women) have fought putting their lives on the line to defend the subtle distinction between perversion and crime.

That man, madam, is just an harrasser, I see no perv, the holy light of kinkyness has never shone on him.

I say dishonor! Dishonor on him, dishonor on his cow!
  • Options
    ruairidh said:

Well, I just have to say it madam, I am offended. 
    As the actual president of PoW (Perverts of the World) I'll state that my association has never represented, neither does or will, in any circumstances, support the acts of said mister Aargo.

My association stands proudly in the representation of the pervyness and kinks of the world since 40.000 b.C. We were there when the first genitalia were scribbled onto cave walls,we were there when the first dirty joke was made up, there when the first skirt lifted in the wind, always there, and never, miss, never we harrassed anyone! Instead, many proud members (mostly males but I am outbursting with prideful tears in recognising the well deserved membership of many women) have fought putting their lives on the line to defend the subtle distinction between perversion and crime.

That man, madam, is just an harrasser, I see no perv, the holy light of kinkyness has never shone on him.

I say dishonor! Dishonor on him, dishonor on his cow!
    ^

• Options
    @ruairidh Very good point. 

From my experience in RL and the very few times in games someone tried to harass me, they do seem to be suffering from not only lack of respect and manners but also from lack of imagination and more importantly a sense of humor.

As an example the poor flasher who thought to shock me on the buss stop in the mid- (Finnish) winter and failed to see the situational comedy in his "equipment" reacting to the weather still boggles the mind.