Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Class Will Be Your Main?

Comments

• Options
    lexmax said:
    Solarion said:
    @Xantham
    Everyone wants to be viewed as the selfless healer but they know they'll be playing hard core DPS  ;)
    JK. I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate clerics here!
    Selfless, pfft, I mainly played my healer so I could get insta queues :flushed:
    You speaketh the truth!

Vanilla Tera: I was a tank and my friend a healer, and the queue was literally a few seconds. When playing my dps alt, the queue took 1h30 mins for each dungeon. The trade-off for playing deeps is real.

I both love and hate the old trinity of traditional MMOs. I usually don't like playing healer but I think it was Warhammer Online (my memory is hazy) where I actually enjoyed it because they had this cool yin and yang system where you balance between dealing dps and healing.

Other than that, I usually only heal as a side role. In GW2 I spec'd into healing on my Elementalist but that game doesn't have a real trinity anyway. 

If the cleric can deal a decent amount of dps and they do something like the Warhammer system (if I have the wrong MMO, someone can correct me), I'd actually consider playing cleric.
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Kasuto said:
    Either rogue or ranger. But without knowing the skills its hard to say which one suits me better
    I'm personally debating a hybrid of both. The invisibility that the rogue seems to offer looks too good to pass up.
    The hybrid is the predator we saw in the trailer, right? He looked really awesome in so many ways, I would even consider him as my main, but I am probably going to go with the summoner, because that sounds more like my kind of class  >:)
    Definitely need more info about classess tough. Also I am kind of positively suprised about the poll results. I'm glad it's so spread out. :)
  • Options
    Summoner here. Want to be a Necromancer. Raise the dead and own the world. 
  • Options
    This thread is still going. I think I chose tank when I first posted on this thread. I'll choose another one. How about predator? Yeah, Tank/Predator.
  • Options
    Welphgryn said:
    This thread is still going. I think I chose tank when I first posted on this thread. I'll choose another one. How about predator? Yeah, Tank/Predator.
    Predator is a hybrid of 2 classes :/
  • Options
    Pure Tank. What can I say, I'm a Masochist. HIT ME.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Dunno. Either Fighter, Cleric, Mage, Ranger or Summoner. lol i have no idea what i'll pick. I'm a huge fan of fighter and mage classes in games if they are done correctly and "realisticly", atleast in the fighters case.
    You just named half of the classes ^^

I guess he meant it when he said he didn't have any idea what he'll pick. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to be either a fighter/cleric or a cleric/fighter.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    :)
  • Options
    Still pretty shocked at the balance of this poll.
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Still pretty shocked at the balance of this poll.
    0/ @Krojak! How be? long time - but hope you're streaming is going well?! if ever you care to share, I'm always up for being entertained.^^ (thinks back to @Rumbleforge VA work)
  • Options
    Choicing classes without even knowing what will they do is pretty dumb.
  • Options
    I can't wait for more class specifics. We know so little :/ I hate waiting. 
  • Options
    I chose rogue but honestly it's a tossup between that and cleric AND the X factor (that being how the class combos come together)

Like what the hell is a cleric/rogue?!
  • Options
    I will most likely play a Rogue as main, always liked the whole sneaking around murder in silence and dwell in the shadows. Also the outlaw life speaks to me :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I chose rogue but honestly it's a tossup between that and cleric AND the X factor (that being how the class combos come together)

A Dervish?
  • Options

A shadow priest? A priest of the god of deception? A sneaky exorcist? 
  • Options
    don't know, gonna wait till beta so I can play them all to get a feel for which one best suits me in this game.
  • Options
    Dygz said:

A Dervish?
    I LOVED playing the Dervish in  GuildWars. 
    Such a satisfying class to play in ways that were surprising to me personally. And just mesmerizing to watch. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I've selected ranger, but I think I will change it to fighter once I've seen more about that class. I think my main class will be fighter if it's good and ranger secondary. Fighter to literally wreck someone from close combat with a big axe for example, once the opponent tries to run away and turns out to be faster than me, swap to the bow to hunt him down :)

This combination is really good for PvE too. Some bosses in the game world will have big AoE hits I think (like every other mmorpg), you might want to swap to your bow and keep a safe distance and still deal massive damage as a damage dealer.
  • Options
    It's actually pretty evenly spread, I love it. :smiley:
  • Options
    My main class will most likely be a mage but its quite early to say at the moment so it might change.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Relwoh said:
    My main class will most likely be a mage but its quite early to say at the moment so it might change.
    As do I when it comes to changing classes once we know more!
  • Options
    I`m waiting to see the bard specs. Otherwise a tank i shall be
  • Options
    Either going to cleric/fighter or cleric/tank. Depends on how well the 2 mesh when I get a good look at game mechanics
  • Options

Yaviey-today at 19:23

@everyone Join us this Friday, June 30 at 12PM PDT/3PM EDT/7PM UTC/5AM AEST for our second June livestream featuring an inside look at character customization, classes & combos, PAX, and more! www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

It seems they will give us a look at some or all classes and skill combos. Interesting and really curious for upcoming friday :wink:
  • Options
    Gadget said:
    I found some bard specs for you!

• Options
    Gadget said:
    I found some bard specs for you!
    Found some for you too...

• Options
    Hm not sure at all. Going to try them all and see which i like best.
  • Options

Can't play as a Paladin, so I'll go Cleric.  Ranger would be a close second.  Cleric/Fighter, then Ranger/Bard :