Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What class will YOU be picking?

Comments

• Options
    BuffyBuffy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I’ll most likely be a minstrel. Support classes were always my thing.
    Black Sails Member!

Former WoW Player | 30Y | Female | PvP/Dungeon/Raid
  • Options
    xephitaxephita Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Well I suppose everyone will be picking the 5 'streamer certified' 'best min-max' builds they've already made countless youtube videos about to cash in on the game they got for free while everyone else who paid since the early days is still waiting.

Sorry my sarcasm button got lodged to full.
  • Options
    SongstressSongstress Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Probably bard! I’m usually a healer but the cleric class spells don’t interest me so far.
  • Options
    im definetly going a heavy armor blade caller
  • Options
    most likely healer, will see
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif
  • Options
    Vaelune: Either a predator, hawkeye or assassin. I'm looking forward to seeing how the skill trees look once they become a bit more understandable. But I'm definitely within a very specific mental archetype which is "Taking my time and analyzing fights before I start them"
  • Options
    PotatoMasherAnniePotatoMasherAnnie Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Primary class cleric 100%! Probably going to spend a lot of time as High Priest or Scryer. Can't wait to try out all the cleric secondary archetypes though.
  • Options
    Elf Bladecaller
  • Options
    ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Either a Weapon Master or a Death Knight through death augment. If death knight is meh, WM full on

I want to be a dual wielding badass and so I shall be!
  • Options
    CatSnievansCatSnievans Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Templar or Knight, but I will have to wait and see how they all play of course!
    Last Week's News, Today!
    Youtube
    Twitch
  • Options
    AedricHeroAedricHero Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Orc Predator
  • Options
    CoffeeBrakeCoffeeBrake Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have played healer in every MMO that I've played. Holy Priest in WoW, White Mage in FFXIV being the latest.

I'm very much looking forward to switching that up and rolling old school fantasy: Dünir Dwarf Paladin tank.
  • Options
    Zombs3Zombs3 Member
    I understand it's been a bit of time since the last post, but I added up what it seems the most popular classes will be for anyone whose interested. Keep in mind this is only the primary classes (so if someone said necromancer I only counted a point towards summoner, not summoner and cleric) because I didn't want to count 64 different categories. In addition i counted multiples, so if someone said they'll be either mage or rogue I counted a point towards both.

Tank:43
    Cleric:39
    Fighter:38
    Summoner:35
    Bard:29
    Mage:27
    Rogue:27
    Ranger:23

Also note that there was a lot of info to go through so I may have miscounted a little bit. Just use this as a rough estimate.
  • Options
    TraxTrax Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Falconer
  • Options
    for me, i'll be going spellsword most likely, but depending on how easy it is to change your secondary class i'll be going fighter/tank as an almost off spec. i love to tank, but i often find questing/exploring as a tank class to be a bit crappy. Spellsword sounds great to me, a mix of melee with magic (im aware i wont get mage skills just different flavour for my skills) i love the idea of a teleporting spear wielder.
  • Options
    I want to go for something I normally wouldn't, which is Tank! I really liked all the CC tank has (for now).
    With either Rogue or Fighter archetype. Or Fighter/Rogue or Rogue/Fighter if Tank doesn't sit well with me.
    Follow me and I'll show you the light.
  • Options
    I don't know enough to choose yet... I'm torn between a tank or summoner...
  • Options
    ArukoruArukoru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm drawn to summoner because of my fond memories playing ritualist in GW1.

Otherwise my default is Mage, may give Assassin a go.
    khFjCQJ.png
  • Options
    highsword
  • Options
    Predator.

I always play as a thief in any game, so Rogue would have to be my primary class. I also like to snipe, so Ranger would be my secondary class. I'm not sure if secondary Rangers can snipe well, but I might as well give myself a bit of range. Makes it easier to run after assassinating someone.
  • Options
    GrihmGrihm Member
    As for what class to pick... question.

Do heavy armor for tanks etc actually do anything for movement speed or maneuverability?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ha. I will have to try to test that for you next week.
    This week, I looked at stats by class, plus starting armor.
    I don't see Weight on the Character Sheet, yet.

Of these stats, which ones are closest to Movement Speed and Maneuverability?

POWER
    Physical Damage Bonus
    Physical Damage Modifier
    Physical Critical Damage Bonus

DEXTERITY
    Physical Skill Cooldown
    Physical Critical Rate Bonus
    Physical Evasion Bonus
    Physical Accuracy

CONSTITUTION
    HP Regeneration
    Physical Defense Mitigation
    Physical Disable Defense
    Physical Block Chance

WILL
    Magical Attack Damage
    Magical Critical Damage
    Magical Disable Chance

WISDOM
    Magical Casting Speed
    Magical Cooldown Modifier
    Magical Critical Rate
    Magical Disable Defense

MENTALITY
    Mana Generation
    Magical Defense Mitigation
    Magical Disable Defense
    Magical Block Chance
  • Options
    NytehawkNytehawk Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most likely a cultist using Cleric death augments or a Paladin also using death augments, the dark side must be represented
    Steel Boats, Iron Men
    US Navy Submarine Force
  • Options
    CorpierCorpier Member
    edited June 2021
    Currently, I'm thinking I'll end up with a Ren'kai Weapon Master main character.

I'm a big fan of risk/reward melee combat, mostly melee damage dealing but also some tanking. So I'll probably main a Fighter, Rogue, or Tank. Likely a Weapon Master or Assassin unless other secondary classes prove stronger, more useful, or more fun than doubling down on primary archetypes.

However, I'm somewhat of an alt-a-holic, and other classes I'm interested in the sound of are Dreadnaught, Guardian, and Predator. Plan to try a bit of everything though, so could end up loving something totally different when I experience it.
  • Options
    Bard and then thief
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Empyrean Elf Cultist
  • Options
    AtrushanAtrushan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm definitely going Summoner, but for my secondary I'm not entirely sure. It's between Spellmancer, Conjurer, and Shaman probably. I kind of like the idea of a Summoner/Bard but at the same I heard Bards weren't going to be portrayed as musicians so I'm thinking of just going between Spellmancer and Conjurer. I'd like to test them all to see which summons are the coolest though. Beastmaster and Shadowmancer also seem like cool options. Summoner is my favorite class though so I'll probably go with Conjurer if it gives a big enough I'm not sure how using the same as your base archetype will affect the outcomes, but I'd guess it might expand your abilities somehow, or just make them stronger(perhaps you can get more powerful summons). I dunno, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I thought of Necromancer but if I were to become a healing summoner I'd probably become Shaman because I'd want a more "holy" seeming position in regards to that.
    Orc summoner! The two summoner classes that interest me the most are the Wild Blade and the Spellmancer.

My concept around the Wild Blade would be a Ren'Kai weaponsmith that summons blades.

My concept around the Spellmancer would be a Vek scholar that summons elementals. If I could, I would change the name of this class from Spellmancer, which is a name I really dislike (come on, it should be a greek prefix, same goes for Shadowmancer) to maybe Elementalist, which I think would be more representative of what the class will be like.

I am also curious about the Shadowmancer. I would assume that one of the Rogue augment school is poisons/toxins, so a poison-based pet is something I'd like to see.

I thought it was Bladecaller that summoned blades, as a Summoner augment was the ability to summon weapons.
  • Options
    In Ashes, Bards can be musicians, but they don't have to be.
    Fighter/Summoner is Bladecaller.
    Summoner/Fighter is Wildblade.
    Both are able to Summon blades.
  • Options
    if a miracle happened and I could be able to claim an alpha key then I would choose necromancer and most probably gonna try all the mage subclasses in alpha phases, during beta phases I would give a chance for other classes as well to don't regret it later on. On launch I would be able to the decide which is the most suitable class for me. (what a fantasy..)
    MySign35.png
  • Options
    Ha!
    Well, we still have a while to wait...Alpha Two...before we're able to check out classes and augments.
    Probably a lot will still be missing before Beta.