Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11AM PDT

Comments

• Options
    Good afternoon, will the game support modern graphics technologies such as DLSS, Ray tracing?
  • Options
    ShazeShaze Member, Phoenix Initiative, Explorer, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    Naturally we assume that standard death penalties (such as EXP debt) do not apply in Sieges/GvG/Wars/Caravans/etc. Could you confirm this is the case or if there are different penalties such as equipment durability loss or gem slot destruction chance etc. for those dedicated PvP events?

Asking so we can update the wiki quote from 2017:
    unknown.png
  • Options
    How likely is it at this point that hybrid combat is staying?
    Asking because I heard you mention if it didn't work you would just use tab target which breaks immersion IMO.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Member
    edited September 2020
    Is there game elements designed to discourage attacks of players at "level up spots"? If yes - could you elaborate which those are? If no - what is your view "spot wars"? (Personally, I loved them in lineage2)
  • Options
    Can You tell us more about pvp risk and reward? I think armour and weapon should be prone to dmg and could break so we must fix it and for instance, when we fight in castle siege 250 v 250 anyone who dies should not be respawned before the battle ends or in battle again (can be respawned outside this battle somewhere in the world), so we have a bit tactic, fear and sense of accomplishment. So if I kill someone on the battlefield that should have some meaning like 1 opponent less and not just he respawn and attack me again.
    This battles should be treated as a round in CS. Siege, overwatch or any other objective-based games where you have a number of people in team and time limit to kill other team or do the objective.
  • Options
    LeXauriN wrote: »
    Can You tell us more about pvp risk and reward? I think armour and weapon should be prone to dmg and could break so we must fix it and for instance, when we fight in castle siege 250 v 250 anyone who dies should not be respawned before the battle ends or in battle again (can be respawned outside this battle somewhere in the world), so we have a bit tactic, fear and sense of accomplishment. So if I kill someone on the battlefield that should have some meaning like 1 opponent less and not just he respawn and attack me again.
    This battles should be treated as a round in CS. Siege, overwatch or any other objective-based games where you have a number of people in team and time limit to kill other team or do the objective.

Согласен, так на много интереснее!!! / I agree, it's much more interesting!!!
  • Options
    Hello, I am interested to see info about stats and items interaction and how stats will be presented? I mean if we have 50 str we can equip medium armor and that will not slow us too much in contrast of light armor, and when we have 60 str we would not be slowed, more str less slow... and if we have 50 agi should we have higher movement speed and att speed than someone with 30 and that stats we should see on screen in form faster and faster attacking fighter? Another example; if I have 50 str and 30 agi and fight someone with 30 str and 50 agi we should see that, in contact, I should push him off, and when I hit him we should see that, that I am stronger but I should be slower and my opponent can use dodges and etc in his advance.
  • Options
    i was curious about the corruption system when it comes to pvp, my friends and i enjoy partaking in the merciless killing of other players in open world from time to time. will there be any benefit to this playstyle and becoming corrupted? titles, rewards, etc? or will it only be negative? i.e the potential of losing our gear. thanks.
  • Options
    Is there any plans to make cosmetics and micro-transactions invisible to players choosing so, as in a toggle on/off option, hence safeguarding immersion for those desiring to ?
  • Options
    Hi Intrepid!
    Maybe this has been asked already, but I have not seen anything regarding it. Apologies if it is a duplicate.
    With the node system, it seems like regions will be open for all players to explore. With PvE content, will there be level scaling? Will certain quests be accessible only to certain levels? Will there be high level monsters around some lvl 5 or lvl 6 nodes that might prevent begginer level players from going to those nodes, or will higher challenge level content simply require you to go deeper into the "wilds." Can I, as a noob, accidentally stumble across a big bad monster (that isn't a world boss) and get rekt? I'm just curious how that will work!
  • Options
    Are there spells that can improve movement speed or damage to mounts or are they only towards the player?
  • Options
    Do we have a remote idea of a rough date when people can start getting into the beta testing for the game? This may have been answered but are we looking at 2021, 2022 or even further?
  • Options
    Hello AoC Team! I just wanted some more clarity on how stealth/invisibility will function in AoC. Will it remain the same as it was in APOC or will it be tuned to be a total invis with certain augments. Personally I feel that , as it remains now, stealthing and being not totality invisible is a fine mechanic if there are no secondary sources to reveal me outside of really good perception, making the hide and seek interaction very skill based. However, if there are utility skills and or spells that reveal stealthed enemies, i feel a total invis would be more acceptable. Would love to hear your thoughts on this!!! Cheers!
  • Options
    In your Pre-Alpha video you showed us a world boss, and during that fight there was geysers or something erupting all over the place, shaking the screen and damaging nearby players. I was wondering if there will be more extreme environmental hazards during boss fights, cause I liked what I saw but I want more! For an example, I imagine a fight where this thick fog appears which makes your vision very limited so you would only see people and enemies only a few meters around you.
  • Options
    Hey there Intrepid!

Question:
    Will we be able to trigger skills with combinations of keystrokes (W/A/S/D/LMB/RMB/Q/E/R/F/C/Shift/Ctrl) and reuse the same keys as parts of different combinations?

Explanation:
    BDO used this system.
    You could either place them traditionally in the hotbar, or trigger them by using combinations of W/A/S/D/LMB/RMB/Q/E/R/F/C/Shift/Ctrl.
    This allowed for higher combat fluidity and integrated directional skills seamlessly.
    It also allowed for the same key to trigger different skills, as part of a different combinations - something that can't be achieved by simply assigning single keystrokes.

It set a new bar for action combat in my eyes, increasing the skillcap even further, without affecting more casual players, since the hotbar remained as a way to trigger skills. I would love to see a similar system in AOC. o:)
  • Options
    Will the camera settings be adjustable? The dynamic movement/momentum of the camera in the game play streams looks cool but is a bit nausea-inducing for me.
  • Options
    SherkusSherkus Member, Alpha One
    Will the combat in PVP mode work without the RNG system like block, dodge, parry, hit?
    I think that it gets the PVP to a really competitive mode, RNG in PVP sucks, atleast in Arenas should be like that in my opinion.
    You could change the RNG system for Resilience system similar to World of Warcraft?
    For example if you have critical strike then you have resilience penetration.
    And if you have block % you have the equivalent on resilience defense.
  • Options
    AltecAltec Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Summoners pets will be different in appereance like a summoner/rogue summons shadows or a summoner/ranger summons different animals? Or all summoners as primary class will have the same summons?
  • Options
    Hi, with regards to the cosmetic only cash shop: can we expect new stuff that will be added to the shop to be equal in quality to that of the cosmetics that will be present in the shop when the game launch?
  • Options
    ShinasoShinaso Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    will the under-realm have a connection with the sea. IE: Sea cave?
    c1f5df869c3428999290c2954317ec5f.png[/center]

• Options
    Hi,I am worried about the imbalance in a certain situation, for example: a PKS party and another hunter party enter into combat, the PKS party has a serious disadvantage due to the decrease in statistics and the hunters do not have a penalty, we are not giving them the same opportunities a PVP duel to both groups

will there be changes or do you have something else in mind regarding this?
  • Options
    SkaerrSkaerr Member
    edited September 2020
    We know that the map will change on each server due to the node system, but is it possible for the cartography to change, for example, an underwater volcano erupts and a new island is created where we can collect materials or kill creatures?
  • Options
    Will I have to choose between defending my city, or defending my freehold during the end of a siege war? I ask because there will be no fast traveling. This makes me think that if I feel like the war could be lost, I should abandon my post and start traveling to my freehold so I can attempt to protect it.
  • Options
    NynaeveNynaeve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some of the best overall game experiences I had were in DAoC. It balanced PVE content that transitioned well into PVP and opened up new builds based on the abilities you accumulated exclusively through PVP, as well as some PVE gear that leveled up only from being used in PVP. This intuitive, linear progression gave a lot of options on how to spend your time in game. Is there a plan for Ashes that it will do something like WoW, where arena gear pretty much must be acquired through PVP and must used because of the stat distribution, or a mix and match type system based on the best gear available through all parts of the world?
  • Options
    When should I get divorced so I can divert all my time to the game?
  • Options
    CindrixCindrix Member
    edited September 2020
    Would it be viable for "role specific" guilds to coexist with other guilds? Highly specialized guilds like a guild comprised mostly of healers being able to "rent out" members or aid another guild in their endeavors while also gaining experience for their own guild?
  • Options
    Will there be a min/max debuff slot for NPCs and players ? Will this be the same across PVE and PVP environments ?
  • Options
    Heard about this a few years ago. Sorta forgot about it but just reheard about it relatively recently. I stopped playing games since then but this rekindled my faith in the mmorpg genre. I like how this is coming out and I'm really looking forward to it.

On to the question, being a rouge player, I'm very interested in the stealth mechanic. I also like the ranger's ability to track. I'm wondering how the stealth is going to work, how the stealth will be versed with the tracking ability, and what would happen if bounty hunters were tracking you on the map because you gained too much corruption. If you were sheathed, would they be able to see you? How would that work?

Thanks, good luck.
  • Options
    Добрый день.
    Языков я конечно же кроме русского не знаю :(
    Но, пожалуй, озвучу здесь пару вопросов, которые меня волнуют:
    1. Когда снова появятся региональные цены на наборы раннего доступа?
    2. Какое влияние рейды будут иметь на геймплей?
    Так получилось, что wow мне пришлось оставить из за непопадания в рейды из-за работы, а это очень сильно влияло на прогресс. Не хотелось бы повторения истории.
    Очень верю в проект, а предчувствие меня подводит редко🤗