Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Full loot!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Just reading everything, and this is just an opinion, it seems like boogis just wants to be a digital bully.
    I thought the same at first to tbh. Just got to look at it in a different way :p
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    ok i can express my point in another way.
    when god created this world (or nature if you are not religious, it doesnt really mater) he didnt say "dont kill" or "dont loot". god be like "do wharever you want but beware of consicvanses" (sorry my english isnt good). and you know why? because he want us to be free. we must be free of choosing either we want to pk and loot or we dont. if we create world without pk it will not be a free world it will be like jail. people must deside either they want pk and full loot or they dont want. yes we can punish them yes we can make their lifes harder but we must be free to choose.  freedom its when we decided to do a right thing by our own will. even if you will be curing world from cancer but with a gun to your head you will hate doing this. doing good things must be you own decition otherwise game wont bring you joy. 
    ps - i now even if im being most convincing man in the world after 20 posts you ill keep proving still the same point cos nobody read all posts everyone just wanna speak out their own opinion. as i answered all questions but you keep saying the same things, and its so sad. we will need to live in not free world now. 
  • Options
    boogis said:
    ok i can express my point in another way.
    when god created this world (or nature if you are not religious, it doesnt really mater) he didnt say "dont kill" or "dont loot". god be like "do wharever you want but beware of consicvanses" (sorry my english isnt good). and you know why? because he want us to be free. we must be free of choosing either we want to pk and loot or we dont. if we create world without pk it will not be a free world it will be like jail. people must deside either they want pk and full loot or they dont want. yes we can punish them yes we can make their lifes harder but we must be free to choose.  freedom its when we decided to do a right thing by our own will. even if you will be curing world from cancer but with a gun to your head you will hate doing this. doing good things must be you own decition otherwise game wont bring you joy. 
    ps - i now even if im being most convincing man in the world after 20 posts you ill keep proving still the same point cos nobody read all posts everyone just wanna speak out their own opinion. as i answered all questions but you keep saying the same things, and its so sad. we will need to live in not free world now. 
    I see your point, even though you definitely missed other points.

Biblically, it does say "You shall not murder" (Exodus 20:13) in the Old Testament - perhaps not the first few lines of Genesis, but it's still there.  As well as "The soul that sins must die" (Ezekiel 18:20), which basically lays out that "the wage of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).

A loose translation is if you do anything bad or evil, you deserve to die.   Soooo... by that logic, and applying it to Ashes of Creation, if you do anything bad, especially kill somebody (pvp), then you should never be able to get rid of your corruption, and there probably shouldn't be a penalty for killing corrupted players for the sake of justice.  Sure, with free will, you should be able to kill them and take all of their stuff (full loot), but you should be punished for it forever!

B)  o:)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Lets ... not Put religion in this ? We all know they're other religions out there - both Monotheistic & Polytheistic
    ( and since this is a US MMO, it'll naturally attract more Biblical-Related Terms )

but my point is ...
    the Freedom in the MMO is all based on Coding. And that same Coding dictates what we are able to do. As such, the MMO should reflect " that " - in terms of what we're able to do ... like Digging / Excavating  B)
  • Options
    Just reading everything, and this is just an opinion, it seems like boogis just wants to be a digital bully.
    seriously though @boogis , you're making this (above) Comment more & more truthful  :s 
  • Options
    Are we really comparing gaming to religion now? This complete topic has lost all value for me. 

OP is pulling in every possible arguement to get what he wants. I'm done with discussions like that for many years allready :)
  • Options
    Feels like he's trolling us. He calls us out for not listening to his points, but he never really listen to the opinion of others. 

This thread really ought to die. Full loot will not happen anyway. Full loot will cause a lot of players to just not want to risk fighting. Without PvP, a lot of the features of the game would be futile. You will see less caravan battles, you will see less sieges. All the nice little features that the devs painstakingly crafted to allow players to meaningfully interact in the world will just gather dust because players like me and a lot others will just not fight for fear of losing their gear. 

This, along with "Concerns about the store" thread, has to be the two threads I am tired of seeing. 
  • Options
    yes we shall not kill each other and loot and we will be punished but we need to be free to do it. god didnt made us  not to do it by force. same should apply to our game. we have to have freedom of full loot but we should be punished for that. full prohibition of full loot is more stupid then a punishment itself. god himself didnt make any rules, there no written laws on a sky. all rules are made up by people. if there was no law you would kill each other in real life as well. you dont even realize that games are your compensation of real life murders. and dont tell im not right. look at medieval times, look at 20th century. look at whole history. in real life you would full loot all the time. why limiting your self in games?
  • Options
    No.

• Options
    boogis said:
    " ...  look at medieval times, look at 20th century. look at whole history. in real life you would full loot all the time. why limiting your self in games? "
    If this were true ... how could one person take all of their opponent's Armor? In addition to the weight of the own Armor ? I'd think they would take the Sword and that's it ( and some Money )
  • Options
    i agree with  most of the arguments said "AGAINST" in this thread , no sense to write it down again
  • Options
    I vote for partial loot chance based on victim's corruption score.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    jalias said:
    " I vote for partial loot chance based on victim's corruption score. "
    That sounds something can be abused.
    The Partial Chance on Combatant (Purple ) is questionable

But if the Partial Chance is on Corrupted (Red)... then it might as be ignored because then it'll be a chance - meaning the Corrupted Player can do as he pleases
    ( assuming this player survives long enough ... most likely not )
  • Options
    I feel like both are the best but I'm 51%/49% xD I mean I like the way that you can loot people but there need to be punished for KS (like having a red name for 3-4 days and everyone can attack you) and no full loot for PVP 
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    jalias said:
    " I vote for partial loot chance based on victim's corruption score. "
    That sounds something can be abused.
    The Partial Chance on Combatant (Purple ) is questionable

But if the Partial Chance is on Corrupted (Red)... then it might as be ignored because then it'll be a chance - meaning the Corrupted Player can do as he pleases
    ( assuming this player survives long enough ... most likely not )
    I'm suggesting that there is a chance to partially loot a victim based on the corruption said victim has accrued, either by means of increasing the drop chance relative to the victim's corruption score, or by increasing the rarity, quality and/or quantity of the loot dropped (or a combination of those variables).

What this means is a corrupted 'player-killer' cannot murder everyone in his sight without consequence because the more he kills, the more corrupt he becomes, risking his gear and equipment all the more - on the flip side there should also be a benefit to increasing his corruption score in order to counteract that risk, otherwise there would be no incentive to PVP at all and everyone would steer well clear.

This poll offers the choices of either full loot or not full loot, whereas I vote for a middle-ground that plays into Intrepid's philosophy of risk/reward, for both the corrupted player and bounty hunters alike.

I have a complete and detailed system in my mind of how this can work across all character levels and scenarios, but this isn't my thread so I'll leave it there. You can check my thread "My dream MMORPG" for a little more detail if you like.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    jalias said:

" ... What this means is a corrupted 'player-killer' cannot murder everyone in his sight without consequence because the more he kills, the more corrupt he becomes, ... "

They have planned for this already 

jalias said:
    " ... I'm suggesting that there is a chance to partially loot a victim based on the corruption said victim has accrued, either by means of increasing the drop chance relative to the victim's corruption score, ... "
    Th idk probably not. If a Player intentionally PKed another Player and gets killed ... only to have an unfavorable chance of dropping something - then i can be inferred that the Corrupted Individual will continue Slaughtering others

( assuming that Player's Skill vs Player's Gear is still " going-to-be-a-thing "  ... and assuming the Player can somehow survive long enough to do so )

Ultimately, it'll be something that'll have to be tested in Alpha and/or Beta.

but ... (below)

jalias said:
    " ...  or by increasing the rarity, quality and/or quantity of the loot dropped (or a combination of those variables). "

This part ... why would this happen ? To try to make the Corrupted individual hesitant? Even IF this was somehow balanced ... this would inevitably break the Game:

(Assuming that Crafting is indeed intricate & complex ... )

Imagine a Crafter trying to figure out what Crafting Materings he/she needs to craft an item relatively close to this same Lvl of Rarity - how many times Enchantments were needed , the right Alchemy Blends, the great-lengths of searching throughout all sorts of Places, all the times Crafting Materials that had to be Fused / merged, and maybe more

As opposed to making an ( apparent ) Noob Low-Level ... asking other Guilds to hide behind a Bush, lure the Corrupted Player, get Mobbed / Ensnared / Trapped , gets Looted. And then that SAME loot is given to the " apparent noob " then is Mailed back to her/his Main Character ... and it " just-so-happens " that its an item that the Corrupted Player didn't originally have - but instead a ...
     " a Higher-Rarity of that item ? " 

|~|ell  No

jalias said:
    " ...  on the flip side there should also be a benefit to increasing his corruption score in order to counteract that risk, otherwise there would be no incentive to PVP at all and everyone would steer well clear. "

Oh there's a Benefit ... 

its just for Giggles M8  :p
    (seriously though, most people will think of it like that)

Honestly though, its questionable but reasonable ... ish 

jalias said:
    " This poll offers the choices of either full loot or not full loot, whereas I vote for a middle-ground that plays into Intrepid's philosophy of risk/reward, for both the corrupted player and bounty hunters alike.

I have a complete and detailed system in my mind of how this can work across all character levels and scenarios, but this isn't my thread so I'll leave it there. You can check my thread "My dream MMORPG" for a little more detail if you like. "
    I also am in the Middle. And I've read* that Thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I am not going to play a game where a few duche bags want to just kill me and take everything that I just looted from a dungeon... If wanted that I'd just go to Oakland, ca IRL
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Eragale I don't think you've understood anything I've said. It is impossible to abuse the system I've suggested because every player is in absolute control of how much they're willing to risk.

Also by the fact you're quoting my every paragraph with a come back, I can see you're merely defending your own view point regardless of how clearly I explain myself.
  • Options
    @jalias , Whatever you say :p  
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I voted for full loot, but I think full loot works best in games where gear is fairly expendable and easy to acquire. Full loot worked great in UO because you could acquire it several different ways and it wasn't a huge grind and in a lesser degree in games like DFO.

Full loot is extremely polarizing, especially if it's hard to bounce back from a death.

I'm not sure how important or how gear will be in Ashes of Creation, but if it's anything like ArcheAge, I'd have to say no way.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Helix said:
    I voted for full loot, but I think full loot works best in games where gear is fairly expendable and easy to acquire. Full loot worked great in UO because you could acquire it several different ways and it wasn't a huge grind and in a lesser degree in games like DFO.

Full loot is extremely polarizing, especially if it's hard to bounce back from a death.

I'm not sure how important or how gear will be in Ashes of Creation, but if it's anything like ArcheAge, I'd have to say no way.
    т  no its opposite. gear must be hard to get. but we must create gear flow like easy looting like castle siege can give you all loot that guild has collected and city siege can allow loot all citizens banks. that will create big gear flow that will better value crafters and that will support real idea of reborn from ashes. you can loose everything and you get everything from the begining. again and again. how come you guys dont understand that ashes of creation core idea is full loot. you seems not stupid but you cant get a general idea. im surprised. how dare you. )))))
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    boogis said:
    Helix said:

т  no its opposite. gear must be hard to get. but we must create gear flow like easy looting like castle siege can give you all loot that guild has collected and city siege can allow loot all citizens banks. that will create big gear flow that will better value crafters and that will support real idea of reborn from ashes. you can loose everything and you get everything from the begining. again and again. how come you guys dont understand that ashes of creation core idea is full loot. you seems not stupid but you cant get a general idea. im surprised. how dare you. )))))
    Forcing people to restart over and over again will eventually lead to player fatigue. UO had a large and vibrant crafting ecosystem while still having alternatives (although crafting, at least when it came to armor was highly preferable). If you make death hard to bounce back from the player won't stick around. This was a problem that plagued DFO, and gear wasn't even all that hard to come by. The wolves would feast on the sheep, and the sheep fled the game. A game can't survive on wolves alone.

You could stockpile gear in UO which made losing armor still sting but it didn't require the player to start from scratch and have to re-enter a slow grueling grind.

In ashes of creation you'll have to defend your node. Losing your node or progress on your node will be a huge pain point. Losing will matter on a large scale, while losing on a personal scale might be insignificant. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    What you need is a way to destroy items to increase the demand on the market not a gear flow. If you only change the owner the item will not leave the economic circle and this means there is one person less that has a demand for it. This will lead short or long to item inflation, price dumping, currency inflation.
  • Options
    Shibas said:
    What you need is a way to destroy items to increase the demand on the market not a gear flow. If you only change the owner the item will not leave the economic circle and this means there is one person less that has a demand for it. This will lead short or long to item inflation, price dumping, currency inflation.
    no we need flow, not a loop but flow. ppl will full loot each other and gear will be collected in certain guilds chests. economics still will function. as there is a limit in your chests ppl will destroy low lvl gear. which is good for economy.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    So the purpose as PVE player is to grind their ass of, to provide Pro PvP player with gear for an easy live, and on the other hand they have to start from the beginning, and this is good, cause now they have a reason to play the game further?

I like it^^
  • Options
    i told you many times, im tired to repeat it all over again
  • Options
    @boogis ,
    eventually, PKers will just hunt down other Players and solely obtain their gear via PKing. Even if the Corruption nullifies that PK's Advancement ... it won' stop that PKer from doing it again . Neither will it stop others from doing the same thing .

Hence: an infection spreading like Wild-fire
  • Options
    boogis, I don't do raids and dungeons to gear you, I do it for my satisfaction.
  • Options
    I vote against full loot

Idea of full loot is totaly against my gameplay style. I'm not a guild player and I prefer to play solo or with my girlfriend. Full loot benefits only guilds as they can mass hunt other players and we solo player can do nothing

• Options
    edited July 2017
    20% wolves and 80% sheeps