Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Issues with referral program / referrals link

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=16920]So will we be able to get the people we referred to add us as their referee or by the time this is implemented will they have had their account for too long and it will be too late?

[/quote]
    Hey man.

Have them delete their account. Tell them to go to the top right where their name is, and go to profile.

Next, have them click the gear and go to "my account."

Finally, have them delete their account. Now they are ready to start again.

For this next step, I suggest having them use Internet Explorer (or Microsoft Edge.)

From internet explorer (or Microsoft Edge or whatever), make sure there are no adblocker plugins, and if they have any cookies, have them delete them. Once they have made sure there is no adblocker running and their cookies are wiped clean, have them visit your referral link. It should show up as a visit. Then have them click the big red 'register now' button in the center of their screen (should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/pae54dD.png). Once that's done have them sign up with their email, username and password, then make sure they verify it via the email they receive.

All done :) You should have a referral.
  • Options
    @Siigari
    Thanks. But to be honest I don't think I'm going to be able to convince them to do all that, just for the sake of getting me a referral. I think I'd just end up pissing her off. It was hard enough just convincing them to make an account Haha. I'd rather it just worked the first time around.
  • Options
    @Siigari

Thanks a lot. Your work around sounds like it should do the trick. I'll let my contacts know.
  • Options
    Closing thread as this issue has been resolved.
  • Options
    Closing out this thread as it's been resolved.
  • Options
    Closing this thread since the issue has been resolved.
  • Options
    Heya. I've used one of my friends referral links and i was wondering, if the one who gets reffered gets anything. Or is it only the person who made the referral link and shares it with someone? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    it's just the person who made the link gets the 15% the person who used the link doesn't get anything.
  • Options
    Hi, I am in the middle of trying to convinve all my friends to play this game with me. I can potentially get 7/8 people to join. But the referal i made with a friend is not showing up and i do not think it has worked. We would all like to refer a friend each making a big chain of friends. Is there a way to see my my referal has gone through but not shown up? i am completely unsure how the referal link thing work even after looking at the how it works page. Thank you
  • Options
    have you checked the <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/refer/?tab=stats" target="_blank">stats </a>page?

also it has been known to work if the referee didn't authenticate their account - they have cookies blocked - they are using a private browser ad-blockers that stop cookies have also been known to cause issues.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for your reply,
    Ye i have checked that page. And i know the guy has adblock on... Does this mean he will have to create a new account? I have adblock on, will this screw things up at all?
    Thanks
  • Options
    [quote quote=22170]Hey thanks for your reply,
    Ye i have checked that page. And i know the guy has adblock on… Does this mean he will have to create a new account? I have adblock on, will this screw things up at all?
    Thanks

[/quote]

delete the account and disable ad blocker (while you do this) and try again :)
    (you can use the same name if you delete your account)
  • Options
    Okay thanks a lot, will give it a shot.
    Have a good one buddy
  • Options
    Hi,
    Just to let you know i deleted my account as did my friend we both turned off adblock and everything worked. Thank you very much
    : D
  • Options
    So I had a friend use my referral link, but I'm not seeing that it went through. If I go to my profile page, and look at the stats stuff, what should I see to know if it took. Also, is there something special my friend needs to do to make sure I get the credit? He followed my link and signed up, but is there anything else?
  • Options
    If he followed your link, and registered on the page, you should be ok.
    Click on REFER&WIN and click on Visists.
    There you can see how many that have followed your links and NOT choose to register, they will be marked with an "X".
    Thoose who did register after follow your link will be a blue checkmark insted
  • Options
    So mine says direct traffic, then an x.
    Does that mean he came but didn't register?
    He said he backed the Kickstarter.
  • Options
    Well, he might have backed the kickstarter, but no, he didnt registered.
  • Options
    i have friends using my referral link to join forums and its not working. Is this the first debacle of a broken system?
  • Options
    I have no luck referring D: I tried really hard to spread the word but no takers yet :(
  • Options
    I have had tons of visits and I asked a friend specifically today to use my link in order to sign up to forums and register an account..he even backed the project..no credit.
  • Options
    I didn't know there was a referral system til after I registered. Had a few friends I could have chose from. Unfortunate.
  • Options
    I don't want this to die . This needs to be addressed. If they can't handle a simple forum referral system..then?
  • Options
    Last I heard about this it had to do with cookies and if your friend is allowing them or not. No idea if this is still the case, but that's how the referral system is supposed to work.
  • Options
    I had the same issue at one point. I know they are working to update the forum but in the meantime I highly recommend giving this thread a read. It was the solution to my problem.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/having-issues-with-referrals-click-here-to-fix-it-instructions-w-pictures-3/
  • Options
    I appreciate the link. Ive read it..But I'm not going to ask people to delete accounts and go through all that in order to carry out a simple task such as getting credit for a referral.
  • Options
    Yea that was my issue also. However after talking with my friends we decided it was worth it. I think it depends on your relationship with you referral tbh.

Still, this bug sucks.
  • Options
    Hmm I never really dipped into the Referral, but I did here some stuff about it being a little buggy xD

Make sure your friend doesn't have any blockers like ad block etc.... and make sure your friend has Cookies Enabled !!!

Hope this helps sorry I don't know much about the referrals Q.Q
  • Options
    At this point, we need a link that takes them to a page explaining all those steps and bells and whistles they need to pull and push and ring before they actually go to the real referral page..It's nonsensical.
  • Options
    @TickledPink I assume with the issues of referrals that they heard the new forums will fixed them and make it alot easier and better
This discussion has been closed.