Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Issues with referral program / referrals link

Comments

• Options
    Hi

Just now I see that with new forums the "url" for referral system has been changed.

BEFORE: 
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/JaPeMo/?campaign=ashesofcreationES

NOW: 
    https://intrepidstudio.staging.wpengine.com/ref/JaPeMo/?campaign=ashesofcreationES
    This is a big problem for fans and users becouse now we must change all links in a lot of sites where we was published.

So, I lost some referrals from wednesday. I ask, this is permanent change or this an error & mistake?

Regards
  • Options
    Continue using https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/JaPeMo/?campaign=ashesofcreationES 

the other one shouldn't be used. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Shunex for remember me  ;)
  • Options
    Okay good to know, the forums links changed for a bit too, but I guess its all just whenever something is changed :)
  • Options
    Haha i can't forget you guys :smile:

• Options
    Oh, surprised not response in a week.  Guess everything running smooth and ok then?
  • Options
    Sorry @Gkaruk i must of missed your post somehow :disappointed: a couple of things that cause issue's with the referral system is disabling cookies (certain ad blockers do this) as well as visiting the site from a private browser, would it be possible any of these were at fault? 
  • Options
    If I refer someone to www.ashesofcreation.com with my referral link...what do they have to do there to make them mine?  Just register for an account then eventually one day become a paying customer?  Is there a time limit on the (cookie) hit from the referral link?  Are they mine from just getting them to register on the site?  Thanks sorry I am just a bit confused since there isnt anything to purchase just yet.
  • Options
    They need to register their account to sign their soul to you :) there is no limit to number of minions you can have :) 
  • Options
    Skeptic said:
    If I refer someone to www.ashesofcreation.com with my referral link...what do they have to do there to make them mine?  Just register for an account then eventually one day become a paying customer?  Is there a time limit on the (cookie) hit from the referral link?  Are they mine from just getting them to register on the site?  Thanks sorry I am just a bit confused since there isnt anything to purchase just yet.

They have to follow your link and click the register directly. If they wander off and return to the site later without going through your link again I don't think it'll count towards your referral. 
  • Options
    So if you shared your link with your buddy and he visited the website with it, if he registers, he becomes your referral for the rest of his life. Nothing can change that unless he deletes his account and make a new one with someone else's referral link.

There is no limit or anything.
  • Options
    Skeptic said:

If someone joins the site with your link, hoping that they're not blocking out cookies through any third-party software, and they register you will now have their referral! :dizzy:

There is no time limit whatsoever, unless your friend clears their cookies from their browser(s). 

More information is available on:
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/faq/
  • Options
    This has now been fixed and this thread will be closed. 

Thank you again and if you have any further issues, please let us know! :) 
  • Options
    ive not posted anything todo with the game? 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I'm not sure exactly what a 'Referral visit' is, but Facebook uses your search history, page history and cookies and stuff to specifically tailor the adverts it shows on your page.

So just by going to the ashes page, you may end up with adverts.

It's annoying.
    People can also 'buy' demographic of people they want to target from Facebook and can use it so send you links and adverts to influence your real life decisions...
    I believe someone made an app recently that goes through the adverts you've been receiving and finds which offers may have been sent out with this in mind...but I'm rubbish so can't remember what/who it was
  • Options
    No idea exactly how that works, but I have a few as well

• Options
    I'm fine with it just didn't know I'd get referrals like that too possibly 
  • Options
    hi all, I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong but I sent my refer link to a friend through FB and they clicked the link and then proceeded to register. However, I don't have anything in my statistics or visits that shows that he had registered using my link. Is there a special process he's supposed to use to use my link??

Thanks!!
    Orgot
  • Options
    I am not sure we have a way to check referrals yet. Maybe when the store is in place. That would be next week.
  • Options
    Hi, @Orgot , you may want to check if they were using any adblock's or anything that blocks cookies this interfere's with the referral system, you may also want to check out this post  https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/19509/faq-read-me-before-posting-customer-service-updated-5-25-17#latest

it has the following to say about issues regarding refferals

Q. Help! My referral clicked my link but I can't see it. Can you help?

A. Unfortunately, our current system does not allow us to track referrals beyond what you see yourself. As a result, we also do not have a way to manually fix a referral if it did not take. Please note that we know for sure that if the referral uses an ad blocker or cookie blocker on their browser, the referral will not track. We are looking into upgrading our Referral system, however we don't currently have any details on what this will change in that regard, if anything.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I think it's because he had ad block, I'll update if it works!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    *UPDATED*

Is the below Facebook quote a reason why I have been missing 60%+ of my referrals? In the last 6 hours Facebook has logged 20 clicks using my link, Ashes site has only logged 3. That is a huge discrepancy. I am well aware of the referral link issues and that they are being worked on, I just wanted to make sure this possible issue is being addressed as well. 

"Check for use of referral URLs

• Many third-party tracking providers use referrer URLs to credit conversions back to ads. Some providers may under-report Facebook conversions by as much as 40%. This is often due to the fact that roughly 40% of people browse Facebook using HTTPS instead of HTTP and when someone clicks on an ad on Facebook and converts on a site, the referrer cannot be recorded since they left an HTTPS environment and entered an HTTP environment."
  • Options
    @Shunex thanks for coming back.  I spoken to the member of our GGGs community and they said just using browser as normal for all browsing, no ad block software :(

Its seems the challenge is around when we (AoC) sharers of blog posts, twitch feed posts have no way to attach our referral name as a param to the original url.  Thus once someone has hoped from our post, they end up on AoC or Kickstarter (now closed) but without AoC site know the lead came from someone referring and sharing the word and excellent game of AoC.
  • Options
    How can i tell if i have successfully refered someone because i did it but im not sure if it worked i can give you their name if it would help 
  • Options
    If you go to the refer and win tab - on Ashes of Creation homepage - then go to visits - a x means unsuccessful referral and a tick will indicate that some you referred registered and is a successful convertee :D 
    i have none so far ????So well done if you converted!!
  • Options
    you can track how many vist's/ signups you have on this page here www.ashesofcreation.com/refer/?tab=stats
  • Options
    Shunex said:
    you can track how many vist's/ signups you have on this page here www.ashesofcreation.com/refer/?tab=stats
    While on the subject @Shunex the referral links are showing up as not secure on the browser bar. I'm reluctant to give these out because they might give people the wrong impression.

• Options
    @lexmax
    thanks for letting me know this is due to a invalid certificate when they changed the forums etc, ill pass this on :smile:

• Options
    Shunex said:
    @lexmax
    thanks for letting me know this is due to a invalid certificate when they changed the forums etc, ill pass this on :smile:

Thanks man :) 
  • Options
    thank you for this it seems that it has worked succsessfully, thanks to all of you guys for helping

This discussion has been closed.