Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Issues with referral program / referrals link

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    T-Elf said:
    Why is this showing up on everyone's Unanswered list?
    yeah I am getting this too.. its annoying

That is because it is posted as a question rather than a support ticket. Apologies. I will close this thread out so that does not continue to occur.

• Options
    So, after that close my post in Costumer Service because are in wrong forum, I open here in support forum like she said, without question to dont create apoligies to other members.

This an error with referrals system count and I consider that is important that somebody from Intrepid Studios do an answer about this problem.

Images and previous post here:
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34458/how-works-the-referral-system

The problem isnt with cookies or adblocks or antiviruses, is with totals of referrals in my or your account. 

How is posible that you have more unpaid referrals than converted?

For example, at this moment I have:

I dont understand how is posible have more unpaid referrals than converted.... Maybe there repeated referrals? 

Why or when don't work when you mark checkbox "send email system" when a oficial page have a new referral registered. 

I hope that some of IS can answer this issues and questions to calm people with same situation. 

Thanks for read and your comprension. 

Regards!!!! 
  • Options
    That's fine @JaPeMo
    I'll follow up with intrepid, to see if they managed to find out what was causing it.
  • Options
    So many referrals :0 what's the secret :P
  • Options
    Diura said:
    So many referrals :0 what's the secret :P
    Probably the spanish page he runs :)
  • Options
    I have 0 referrals. Which means 4 friends lied to me about using my referral code to sign up. 

This makes me sad.
  • Options
    Shunex said:
    Loyheta said:
    Either the referral system is messed up right now or it is so difficult that me and many other people are not able to get referrals done correctly.

Right now I'm showing 2 referrals that are registered and created an account. Neither of these are showing any credit. When my girlfriend created her account (had to be done multiple times because of how poorly done and explained the referral system was/is) and we believed it was finally done correctly. Again, no idea if it was. If you bothered to send and email, "A new account has been created using your referral code. The username is: [insert username]", there wouldn't be any ambiguity.

Now I have a problem: Am I going to get my credits (something that was promised during the ks campaign) for a game I plan to play with my gf religiously, or am I stuck with nothing?

Please redo or redesign this system. It could benefit greatly with just a little communication. A simple email stating the username created with your code would take care of 90% of the ambiguity/confusion/vagueness. Also, I have no idea if the credits are just not in effect yet. Without the search function I can't do my due diligence.

I tried inquiring about my credit situation via email but I received a seemingly generic response completely avoiding the topic. Also, I would love to know why you designed a system that can not be retroactively fixed. Seems like a very poor choice. Was it just to cut down on all the crediting after the fact just to save some money? You have tons of people sending you hundreds and thousands of dollars in good faith that you can deliver your promised "refer and win". I really like the game and the direction... save for this poorly done system with little to no clarity and communication.

Again.. I'm not here to hate on the game or start a lynch mob. I just would like to know what is going on with this system. It has me worried.
    referral credit's will be available to you at launch, and if your having trouble with the ref's being applied when someone has used your code there is a few things you might want to check on, first this is Cookies. make sure the person who is signing up has them turned on we've noticed some adblockers and antivirus software may also block cookies stopping the system from working, also if you sign up on the same IP that can also cause trouble with the system. other than that if your still having a issue with the system please contact cs@intrepidstudios.com for further assistance :smile:  
    I contacted CS before I posted this. Through them I have learned that referrals should be showing up in the Orders tab in the account settings. Also, are you implying that we can still delete and recreate our accounts? Because both my girlfriend and I have created our accounts and registered our codes. Seems lame for me to delete my account along with all my posts and badges just to fix the errors of this site. Also, a lot of people use adblockers, disable cookies, and use anti-viruses. Seems absurd to expect someone to change everything for a poorly implemented system.

I'm trying to not get too upset about this but this could end up ripping me off of hundreds over the course of this game's life.
  • Options
    I didn't refer to anyone. Cinda feel sad about that person who would have been that. Cause there missing out on alot of $.
  • Options
    Those that have redeemed it.
  • Options
    i wanna know how to refer people bc i have my entire WOW guild coming to this game and i wanna know the steps into having them use my referral code 
  • Options
    i wanna know how to refer people bc i have my entire WOW guild coming to this game and i wanna know the steps into having them use my referral code 
    if you go to https://www.ashesofcreation.com/refer/ you will be able to see your ref link and all the details that go with it
  • Options
    Can we get a column on the statistics page that just displays which campaign is generating payouts? (Showing how much money unpaid/paid doesn't matter; just the total from referrals made by specific campaigns).
    https://gyazo.com/647cbe7823eff42b9959ecb3b7a052bf Pic for reference where the column would be.
    The data is already collected as shown in the referral/visit tabs, but you can't easily or at all narrow down the campaign that is generating paid leads.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited January 2018
    For any Customer-Related Issues, Concerns or Inquiries - Including but not limited to, Purchases, Kickstarter Issues, and Add-ons. Please use the support button on the homepage of the ashes website found in the lower right-hand side.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Hello,
    I´ve been to the referal page and got my affiliate code
    but how can i refer a friend? 
    If he goes to that URL he will just go to the main page of AoC.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    All he has to do is sign up after having entered the site by using your link :)
    You can see how many referrals you have by clicking "Referrals" in the tab selection on that page :)

ie Graph, Referrals, Payouts etc, that line ;) 

• Options
    Ok , didn think that it would have worked because when he clicked sign up there was no /ref/WolfPsymon/ on URL.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    That's why I also told you how to check it ;) 
    I had the same "why did it not work" thought at first as well before someone told me how to check it :)
  • Options
    @Ziltch is correct. Navigation to the site, with cookies enabled mind you, and then creating the net new account will result in the referral sync =)
  • Options
    It would be great if we could see the user name or email address or something on our referrals.  Right now it seems really quirky if you actually get credit for someone who thinks they have used your referral link, which in turn becomes problematic if they make a purchase thinking you (the referrer) is going to get credit but you don't.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    A possible workaround to some issues with the current referral system is to give your friends your referral link in the format https://www.ashesofcreation.com/register/ref/Yourusernamehere/?campaign=YourusernamehereRefer so it looks like https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Greypelt/?campaign=GreypeltRefer

Please let me know if you find this personally helpful.
This discussion has been closed.