Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Issues with referral program / referrals link

Comments

• Options
    GEonWAR said:
    I cant find my referral code link, tried to search on e-mail but not couldn't find.
    hi @GEonWAR
    you can find your referral link here https://www.ashesofcreation.com/refer/ just hit the generate button and the link that shows up is your referral link :smile:

• Options
    idk, this question is popping up in my unanswered for some reason :smile: sorry I couldn't help.
  • Options
    It is in everyone's unanswered until the original poster clicks that he has accepted an answer.
     Thank you for the clarification. That "everyone" option is actually annoying...
  • Options
    Ketchup said:
    idk, this question is popping up in my unanswered for some reason :smile: sorry I couldn't help.
    yea, same for me
  • Options
    Shunex said:
    GEonWAR said:
    I cant find my referral code link, tried to search on e-mail but not couldn't find.
    hi @GEonWAR
    you can find your referral link here https://www.ashesofcreation.com/refer/ just hit the generate button and the link that shows up is your referral link :smile:

Thx a lot got it
  • Options
    Hello

I just showed a buddy the game all day and got him super hyped about it. He went to use my referral code but it kinda "glitched" where it blinked and came back to the same screen. When he went to try it again it said all of his info was already in use. It seems like his account was created but didn't take the referral. Is there a way to add it?
  • Options
    I don't know if there is a way to add it, maybe ask for help in the discord for the a mod, that in my opinion will be the quickest response you will get :smile:. Sorry I cant help
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Hello

I just showed a buddy the game all day and got him super hyped about it. He went to use my referral code but it kinda "glitched" where it blinked and came back to the same screen. When he went to try it again it said all of his info was already in use. It seems like his account was created but didn't take the referral. Is there a way to add it?
    I don't 100% understand what happened there but as long as he used the link you sent him to create his account on, it should be fine. However I believe the referral links are having some visual issues on the site atm which is being looked into.
    Meaning you're linked up but it doesn't display.
    For now it's best till we have more information and if we are told it's "fixed" and it doesn't show I'd contact customer services.
    There is currently no way to add it.
    However...

Welcome to Ashes of Creation! To you and your friend!
    Glad you're both excited!
  • Options
    Hello

Hi there. If you could send a email to cs@intrepidstudios.com they will be able to assist you. Please include your referral and the friends account url as well.

thanks =)
  • Options
    Hi i haven't heard back from you in regards to your issue being resolved, i'm going to go ahead and close the thread if your still having trouble with your account please open up a new thread or contact me or another moderator to help you out. 
  • Options
    Hi i haven't heard back from you in regards to your issue being resolved, i'm going to go ahead and close the thread if your still having trouble with your account please open up a new thread or contact me or another moderator to help you out. 
  • Options
    @Shunex can you mark this as answered please. Since the OP hasn't accepted an answer this just sits there every day in unanswered.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError
    Waiting on a response from intrepid for some clarification about the number's not adding up, that's why he hasn't marked it as answered. 
  • Options
    Roger

• Options
    Shunex said:
    @UnknownSystemError
    Waiting on a response from intrepid for some clarification about the number's not adding up, that's why he hasn't marked it as answered. 

Thanks @Shunex for your comment answering to other members about their problem with unanswered questions.. explain why I didn't marked this post like answered, was said some post before.

I would like know this question, so if I dont have answer about this, I wont mark like answered. I think that Intrepid are working in this and more issues, dont problem,  I wait. 
    This question is very important for all community becouse I think that me not only affected.

Thanks for your patience and comprension.
     Regards
  • Options
    Are you still experiencing this issue? The referral system runs into issue's when people have cookies blocked/turned off and 3rd party programs that do that such as adblockers and some antiviruses. if they remake their accounts with cookies and everything enabled they should show up in your stats.
  • Options
    Why is this showing up on everyone's Unanswered list?
  • Options
     @T-Elf Literally scroll up one post
  • Options
    It got taken off so I'm good.
  • Options
    Maybe becouse all member can write and a correct answerand. I dont know... 
  • Options
    Since this post is marked as a question rather than a support post is why. Once we have an answer and can resolve then it should be closed as answered.

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I think everyone has got ya by now ;)

• Options
    edited July 2017
    but if you have more questions feel free to ask!

• Options
    @JaPeMo please send an email to - CS@intrepidstudios.com. with your questions and a member of the IS team can assist further.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    Either the referral system is messed up right now or it is so difficult that me and many other people are not able to get referrals done correctly.

Right now I'm showing 2 referrals that are registered and created an account. Neither of these are showing any credit. When my girlfriend created her account (had to be done multiple times because of how poorly done and explained the referral system was/is) and we believed it was finally done correctly. Again, no idea if it was. If you bothered to send and email, "A new account has been created using your referral code. The username is: [insert username]", there wouldn't be any ambiguity.

Now I have a problem: Am I going to get my credits (something that was promised during the ks campaign) for a game I plan to play with my gf religiously, or am I stuck with nothing?

Please redo or redesign this system. It could benefit greatly with just a little communication. A simple email stating the username created with your code would take care of 90% of the ambiguity/confusion/vagueness. Also, I have no idea if the credits are just not in effect yet. Without the search function I can't do my due diligence.

I tried inquiring about my credit situation via email but I received a seemingly generic response completely avoiding the topic. Also, I would love to know why you designed a system that can not be retroactively fixed. Seems like a very poor choice. Was it just to cut down on all the crediting after the fact just to save some money? You have tons of people sending you hundreds and thousands of dollars in good faith that you can deliver your promised "refer and win". I really like the game and the direction... save for this poorly done system with little to no clarity and communication.

Again.. I'm not here to hate on the game or start a lynch mob. I just would like to know what is going on with this system. It has me worried.
  • Options
    Loyheta said:
    Either the referral system is messed up right now or it is so difficult that me and many other people are not able to get referrals done correctly.

Right now I'm showing 2 referrals that are registered and created an account. Neither of these are showing any credit. When my girlfriend created her account (had to be done multiple times because of how poorly done and explained the referral system was/is) and we believed it was finally done correctly. Again, no idea if it was. If you bothered to send and email, "A new account has been created using your referral code. The username is: [insert username]", there wouldn't be any ambiguity.

Now I have a problem: Am I going to get my credits (something that was promised during the ks campaign) for a game I plan to play with my gf religiously, or am I stuck with nothing?

Please redo or redesign this system. It could benefit greatly with just a little communication. A simple email stating the username created with your code would take care of 90% of the ambiguity/confusion/vagueness. Also, I have no idea if the credits are just not in effect yet. Without the search function I can't do my due diligence.

I tried inquiring about my credit situation via email but I received a seemingly generic response completely avoiding the topic. Also, I would love to know why you designed a system that can not be retroactively fixed. Seems like a very poor choice. Was it just to cut down on all the crediting after the fact just to save some money? You have tons of people sending you hundreds and thousands of dollars in good faith that you can deliver your promised "refer and win". I really like the game and the direction... save for this poorly done system with little to no clarity and communication.

Again.. I'm not here to hate on the game or start a lynch mob. I just would like to know what is going on with this system. It has me worried.
    referral credit's will be available to you at launch, and if your having trouble with the ref's being applied when someone has used your code there is a few things you might want to check on, first this is Cookies. make sure the person who is signing up has them turned on we've noticed some adblockers and antivirus software may also block cookies stopping the system from working, also if you sign up on the same IP that can also cause trouble with the system. other than that if your still having a issue with the system please contact cs@intrepidstudios.com for further assistance :smile:  
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Belewyn said:
    @JaPeMo please send an email to - CS@intrepidstudios.com. with your questions and a member of the IS team can assist further.
    Thanks,

Time ago I send an email and IS answer me about cookies and problems but anything about this differences... 
  • Options
    In my opinion, url referral system have a lot of problems. This is a custom topic every X time... 

I would suggest other referral system. 

I think that the best referral system is a Personal Code, for example "JaPeMo-338272hf"

This code is used by your friends when will be registered in oficial page of Ashes and don't have any error if the system in implemented correctly becouse an email is sended to refered and rest reflected in dbase of registered members. 

Now there are problems with cookies, adblocks, anybody can see if this system is working correctly because the email system don't work, diferences and discrepances in your referrals system... 

This is my opinion, with code system inserted, the cookies or adblocks have an end days.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    Why is this showing up on everyone's Unanswered list?
    yeah I am getting this too.. its annoying
  • Options
    JaPeMo said:
    Belewyn said:
    Thanks,

Time ago I send an email and IS answer me about cookies and problems but anything about this differences... 

Please respond to them again if you could please, as this will be the path towards resolution.

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.