Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Full loot!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Neviathan said:
    boogis said:
    i really understand your feelings. before i got first time killed in albion i was scared like shit, and once it happen i was crying like a bitch. i call to all my friends in seek of attention and support, crying like a girl. but then it happen again and again and finally i stopped being attached to bloody stupid virtual stuff. i understood it is just a game and loosing items is part of it. why you guys think you ll live forever? you have to grow up and stop being attached. i know where it come from. you are insecure in real life so you go to virtual world to achieve stability to achieve no stress life. you need to feel power without any risk of loosing it. and if someone get you suddenly out of your zone of comfort you feel big pain. that is really childish position. smart adult people doesnt care if they are happy or not happy its still the same thing for them. cos you are adult you can handle it. its not an amusment park for children its a wild west grow up already. i feel so sorry that there so many of ya. (plz no offence, i just wanna that everyone be happier) 
    The problem is that you cannot have the same item chase if you risk losing everything on death. Oh, I just killed the hardest boss in the game after countless tries and got the rarest drop. BAM, gank squad around the corner ready to ruin you day (and keyboard). 

In ESO you had a special kind of stone currency in Imperial City (part of the PVP zone), if you died to a player you would loose something like 80% of the stones carried around. It made fights very thrilling if you had a large amount of stones and it gave the option to chase the person that killed you to get back the stones you lost. 
    i have a strong sence that you dont read what im writing
    1. you dont ware your best gear when you alone only when you are in a group therefor there is no guaranty that you gonna die, you may win a pvp and then you ll get richer. its a gambling. and like in every gambling there are 50/50 chances. and its more fun. you can argue with that. ITS MORE FUN!!!
    2. if you get killed , killer become corrupted and you can bounty hunt him and get all his gear for yourself.
    3. you always have a free will to choose if you wanna fight or not. YOU CAN ALWAYS RUN AWAY!!!!! 

i dont know why you still afraid?
    peace ))))
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I think full loot could work depending on how it is done. Think of The Division in the Dark Zone, you would drop "x" amount of items depending on your rogue status. In the case of AoC, I can see this working well within PvP that coincides with how corruption works in PvP. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Rly bad idea, game with full loot will die, becouse of hardore craft, for example u lose 1 month to craft smth and than u lost this items in 1 min?)
  • Options
    boogis said:
    Neviathan said:
    boogis said:
    i really understand your feelings. before i got first time killed in albion i was scared like shit, and once it happen i was crying like a bitch. i call to all my friends in seek of attention and support, crying like a girl. but then it happen again and again and finally i stopped being attached to bloody stupid virtual stuff. i understood it is just a game and loosing items is part of it. why you guys think you ll live forever? you have to grow up and stop being attached. i know where it come from. you are insecure in real life so you go to virtual world to achieve stability to achieve no stress life. you need to feel power without any risk of loosing it. and if someone get you suddenly out of your zone of comfort you feel big pain. that is really childish position. smart adult people doesnt care if they are happy or not happy its still the same thing for them. cos you are adult you can handle it. its not an amusment park for children its a wild west grow up already. i feel so sorry that there so many of ya. (plz no offence, i just wanna that everyone be happier) 
    The problem is that you cannot have the same item chase if you risk losing everything on death. Oh, I just killed the hardest boss in the game after countless tries and got the rarest drop. BAM, gank squad around the corner ready to ruin you day (and keyboard). 

In ESO you had a special kind of stone currency in Imperial City (part of the PVP zone), if you died to a player you would loose something like 80% of the stones carried around. It made fights very thrilling if you had a large amount of stones and it gave the option to chase the person that killed you to get back the stones you lost. 
    i have a strong sence that you dont read what im writing
    1. you dont ware your best gear when you alone only when you are in a group therefor there is no guaranty that you gonna die, you may win a pvp and then you ll get richer. its a gambling. and like in every gambling there are 50/50 chances. and its more fun. you can argue with that. ITS MORE FUN!!!
    2. if you get killed , killer become corrupted and you can bounty hunt him and get all his gear for yourself.
    3. you always have a free will to choose if you wanna fight or not. YOU CAN ALWAYS RUN AWAY!!!!! 

i dont know why you still afraid?
    peace ))))
    Translation, run in a big zerg or risk getting killed and loose your gear. Oh wait, I'll just hunt that 50 man zerg down with a couple guild mates, find the guy who killed me, kill him, get my stuff back and escape the battle without dying.. 

I've played enough PVP in MMO's to be able to handle a couple randoms but in the end there's nothing you can do against a group. Numbers usually win and thats fine but PVP is going to be a disaster if the stakes are too high. 

If anything, there should be serious risks/penalties for running in a big group. In most games it only has advantages which encourages everyone to play like a coward instead of developing some skill of their own.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    boogis said:

WoW  boogis  I'm stunned by your hype and belief that you know what makes people happy.   I'm really sorry but in my mind you are coming off as a spoiled child trying to bully others into your way of thinking.  I think you need to try to calm down.   As you yourself have said, it is only a game.  Insecure are those who try to define other's pleasures and can't satisfy their own.  You should ask yourself  why  it's  so important for you to gank and steal another's equipment.   Time to chill, take a deep breath and relax and we'll all be happy.

i want just be happy in a game, and everyone too. and i try to get to the core of the problem. im not bulling and i know if feels no good only for the first time when you get used to it then its all fine. im not ganker myself and ganking is not my point of view so you wrong about that but there is a ancient russian proverb " why there is a pike in a lake? so that a crucian wont relax". and im pritty calm you know its only yourself who start worring, nobody complainig but you cos nobody care. so if you strat worrying that means im on the right way, i get you out of your zone of comfort, your opinion is getting cracked. people always like this they dont wanna change their opinion without pain and you feel that pain that why you reacting on my words. but after pain there come pleasure. 
    i know that im right and you ll be yourself who will quit he game cos it will get boring. so dont argue with me argue with yourself ))
  • Options
    euro3er said:
    I think full loot could work depending on how it is done. Think of The Division in the Dark Zone, you would drop "x" amount of items depending on your rogue status. In the case of AoC, I can see this working well within PvP that coincides with how corruption works in PvP. Any thoughts?
    i think you are right. we have to do it right. we cant just make people loosing their gear all the time. i think thats a level when we get all misunderstanding. people must have a choice not to participate in a fight for instance they must have a choice to run away. but in case if they still decided involve into a fight they must have a risk versus reward system. after all we need to make people to stop attacking others. and loosing your gear will stop ppl from fighting. before you attack you ll think twice, but without full loot what will stop me from attacking others? only corruption? but you know, i want to be free and i want to make a choice. i want to take  a risk of corruption in exchange of loot. i dont want to be just punished for no reason. if some one tell me that he fucked my mother why cant i kill the bastard and take his gear even if i got a corruption. you must learn a bit of psychology - what is forbidden we want most. if you wont let me kill and loot then its just like a nazi regime. cos corruption tells me -DONT!!!! and you like - ok ok, ill be a good boy. plz dont punish me. freedom it is a responsibility also. 
  • Options
    in a lot of open PVP games running away has about a 30% (or less) chance of success, due to gap closures, stuns/other types of CC.  once someone finds you and initiates PK, you rarely have enough time to respond, unless you are expecting it.  Worst case is always when you have to wear special low quality gear to do what you are doing before the other person attacks, such as gathering gear...  something that might have a high rarity or value, yet offer no combat value.

Full loot is not why I stopped playing Albion (before launch still), but the gather time on high tier nodes drove me away.  There is no way I would ever be able to stand in a full loot PVP zone in gathering gear to get a node with a KNOWN LOCATION, that takes 4+ hours to gather from.  All I wanted to do in that game was to be a crafter and sell my wares to people who were busy losing their gear in PVP.  I'd be fine with it, if gathering took even 3-8 minutes on those nodes, but 4+ hours (4 hours for the best gear and equipment for gathering, if you could find/buy/craft it, more if you didn't have that), no way.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind zones for gear drop areas. Like extreme danger zones. Similar to runescapes wilderness I suppose. However full drops everywhere all the time is simply a bad move for player base. I'd like some increase to risk/reward for consensual PvP and some form of "reward" for corruption as well. Simply to increase the Bounty Hunter vs. Bandit dynamic to a middle group of being common place.

Am I a fan of full loot? Sorta I guess in moderate doses but losing everything all the time is idiotic. The way that system works is simply to put people in an infinite grind hole. It doesn't progress the game in anyway it just creates a murder simulator for psychopaths.

So in other words:

Planned ganks and PKing with enhanced looting in areas of high value to all. Sure totally on for that risk/reward.

Blind murderworld with minimal benefits for either party and perpetual griefing? Not really interested at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Full loot people with Corruption. Murder comes at a price! Hey, well, then it'd only be people who know what they're getting into... but I have a feeling that the type of person who advocates full looting likes to roll with a big group and gank everyone in sight, and grief in general.
  • Options
    I feel current system is enough, there is no need for full looting
  • Options
    Full loot would just scare away half the player base, if not more...
    Although since there might be a lot of servers, one could be full loot, who knows.
  • Options
    boogis said:

WoW  boogis  I'm stunned by your hype and belief that you know what makes people happy.   I'm really sorry but in my mind you are coming off as a spoiled child trying to bully others into your way of thinking.  I think you need to try to calm down.   As you yourself have said, it is only a game.  Insecure are those who try to define other's pleasures and can't satisfy their own.  You should ask yourself  why  it's  so important for you to gank and steal another's equipment.   Time to chill, take a deep breath and relax and we'll all be happy.

i want just be happy in a game, and everyone too. and i try to get to the core of the problem. im not bulling and i know if feels no good only for the first time when you get used to it then its all fine. im not ganker myself and ganking is not my point of view so you wrong about that but there is a ancient russian proverb " why there is a pike in a lake? so that a crucian wont relax". and im pritty calm you know its only yourself who start worring, nobody complainig but you cos nobody care. so if you strat worrying that means im on the right way, i get you out of your zone of comfort, your opinion is getting cracked. people always like this they dont wanna change their opinion without pain and you feel that pain that why you reacting on my words. but after pain there come pleasure. 
    i know that im right and you ll be yourself who will quit he game cos it will get boring. so dont argue with me argue with yourself ))
    Your assume way too much my friend and know little.   Enough said.
  • Options
    Evanthal said:
    Full loot people with Corruption. Murder comes at a price! Hey, well, then it'd only be people who know what they're getting into... but I have a feeling that the type of person who advocates full looting likes to roll with a big group and gank everyone in sight, and grief in general.
    ш  i dont like ganking and i dont like big groups but we need to be free like in wild west. not like in a amusement park. well, if it will bother you mining then your guild would have to give a protection like with caravans. how come caravans is a diffrent? it is the same. we have to reward people who wants to pk. yes we need to give them big penalties and BH and so on but we have to admit we cant live n sterile world. where everybody get what they want. you dont feel a value otherwise. when i played for miner in albion i went to very distant and dangerous zone, and i got so much adrenaline just over a mining. you ll be more happy if you have a risk of loosing everything. and when i used those resources, i become very rich, cos i crafted rare weapon and sell it. so this is real risk vs reward. we must have thing in aoc. but i took that risk only for myself. if you dont wanna feel that adrenaline you can ask your guild for protection in exchange of part of that ore or smth, or pay them money. you have to feel that if you do a pk you ll get something out of it. not just bunch of penalties which will make you feel like in nazi camp. which simply tells you - DONT!!!! DONT PK!!! BAD BOY!!!! isnt it bother you at all???  
    we have to do full loot right.   
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Your assume way too much my friend and know little.   Enough said.
    glad we have you who knows everything.
    what i like about western people that they are listen and responding with arguments. which make them more free. cos if we discuss we might make a change. unlike russian people who often just say that you stupid, wrong and its never gonna happen cos putin said so (authority). which make them more slaves. so i think you have a russian background lol
  • Options
    To be fair, you turned this into a personal matter really fast.
    The question you have to ask yourself is what is the purpose of materials.
    the core answer is "to progress peoples crafting".
    You on the other hand, dont see it this way, you see an open option for PvP without the hustle of actually going around working for the materials.
    So in the end of the day, its not a question of boring MMO or not. but what appeals to YOU as a player.
    as a PvP orianted player I can relate, but I disagree.
    we should have looting limited to prevent a murderbox MMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    To be fair, you turned this into a personal matter really fast.
    The question you have to ask yourself is what is the purpose of materials.
    the core answer is "to progress peoples crafting".
    You on the other hand, dont see it this way, you see an open option for PvP without the hustle of actually going around working for the materials.
    So in the end of the day, its not a question of boring MMO or not. but what appeals to YOU as a player.
    as a PvP orianted player I can relate, but I disagree.
    we should have looting limited to prevent a murderbox MMO.
    yes murder box is no good but still..im against of hardcore murder box.. but if you do full loot right way it will bring a lot of thrill in game. we were playing albion couple of days ago and we were PK and there was a another guy with us in dungeon. we didnt kill him, cos nobody wanted to bother just to kill one single solo playing guy, we like ok little fella dont worry we not gonna kill ya. keep grinding. but then came a bigger group of pk and we all ran away from them, except for myself cos i had a shitty horse. if i only had a better horse i would manage to run away like everyone else did. so what i mean is that full loot isnt that scary and isnt that big tragedy but it bring that adventurous  flavor which in a end everybody will enjoy. especially with a bounty hunters system it will bring you sweet moment of revenge on your enemies who took your gear from ya. and BH will give you their gear for you so that you feel satisfied. we must give a very hard life for PKers but we cant just exclude this type of action. if you do a pk you must loot your victim, but in exchange you ll get huge penalties and long term corruption. everyone will be hunting you for your gear so you would have to choose which gear to wear good one or shitty one. and if you wanna succeed you must wear a good one but you ll have a big chance of loosing it. victims will hire like 10 bounty hunters who will compete for you head trying to get their reward. life of pk will be very difficult but there must be a pk there must be a full loot to reward them too.    

• Options
    to anyone that remembers the old rising force online combat that was really good  combat system no 1 shots  unless opponent was 30+ levels and 2 gear sets above you, no instant deaths and pvp was extremely fair when fighting at your own level . i have had 2 min battles where it was 1:5 (dodge build) died to mine heh. if we get similar combat like that  ganging does not matter  it will be fun combat.
  • Options
    to anyone that remembers the old rising force online combat that was really good  combat system no 1 shots  unless opponent was 30+ levels and 2 gear sets above you, no instant deaths and pvp was extremely fair when fighting at your own level . i have had 2 min battles where it was 1:5 (dodge build) died to mine heh. if we get similar combat like that  ganging does not matter  it will be fun combat.
    thats what im talking about. no one shots, long fights, ability to run away (50/50), big penalties, bounty hunting, thats what prevent a murderbox.
  • Options
    I've played open world full loot pvp games, it eventually just degrades into kill everyone insight because they might be carrying something useful. in thought it can seem like a good idea but in practice I find it extremely lacking.

However I think it would be cool to have areas or  features that would allow full loot
  • Options
    Keep Full Loot out of this game. I've done both, and I'm not fond of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Fully corrupt players can be looted. The greater the corruption the more that is dropped. Non-corrupt players would drop nothing.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    boogis said:
    Evanthal said:
    ш  i dont like ganking and i dont like big groups but we need to be free like in wild west. not like in a amusement park. well, if it will bother you mining then your guild would have to give a protection like with caravans. how come caravans is a diffrent? it is the same. we have to reward people who wants to pk. yes we need to give them big penalties and BH and so on but we have to admit we cant live n sterile world. where everybody get what they want. you dont feel a value otherwise. when i played for miner in albion i went to very distant and dangerous zone, and i got so much adrenaline just over a mining. you ll be more happy if you have a risk of loosing everything. and when i used those resources, i become very rich, cos i crafted rare weapon and sell it. so this is real risk vs reward. we must have thing in aoc. but i took that risk only for myself. if you dont wanna feel that adrenaline you can ask your guild for protection in exchange of part of that ore or smth, or pay them money. you have to feel that if you do a pk you ll get something out of it. not just bunch of penalties which will make you feel like in nazi camp. which simply tells you - DONT!!!! DONT PK!!! BAD BOY!!!! isnt it bother you at all???  
    we have to do full loot right.   
    I was joking a bit with my response (although in my experience such mechanics always cause world PvP to devolve into mob griefing), but in all seriousness: full looting changes the focus of the game to PvP. It's way too inconvenient to implement in a game which wants to put emphasis on other things like crafting or PvE, without gating a lot of content behind safe zones. People don't want to cancel raids because their main players lost their gear while traveling, or have to restart a long grind for materials to craft things they want to use or sell. However, people still want to be able to explore and experience the entirety of the open game world in pursuit of their goals.

To make it possible to do these things with full looting in mind, requires the content to be watered down so that people can quickly pick up where they left off. This isn't good for people who want to primarily focus on a single aspect of the game, as they are looking for tasks which already push them to their limits; and the prospect of being forced to start over turns it into a tedious, overwhelming (and likely unwelcome) challenge. It's awesome for the hardcore, adventurous PvP player, but it comes at the expense of other facets of the game.

This is why games with mechanics like full looting attract a very specific kind of crowd, as everything else suffers for the sake of hardcore PvP. It is also why popular MMOs which are designed to cater to every type of gamer implement features like arenas and ranked matches. AoC wants to flesh out a number of features, where full looting would become an annoying obstacle for the majority of players.

• Options
    edited June 2017
     Evanthal. i have to disagree with you.  I play albion quite often and its a full loot game, and we dont have there a problem with with PVE at all, in fact we only play pve but if someone pking us then we respond and punish them or maybe run away if we can. at first its pve and only second its pvp. today one of our guys was playing solo but we were near by. and he was killed by small group of pk. we immidiatly came for revenge. we  killed those pk and loot his gear back. it was full loot but was was is bad???? not at all. it was exiting and fun. just stick with your community and you ll be fine even if u play solo. and if you play solo it doesnt mean that everybody wanna kill loot you. even they did there are bounty hunters for your service. we will put pk down but we need to give them a bite to swallow which full loot is.
  • Options
    Why not do permadeath also then? I think if they truly want to entertain this idea then it should have its own server. I personally want nothing to do with it, but some may love it. 
  • Options
    I think loot percentage should be variable based on (relative) level of corruption, player levels and other factors, such as zone and any accumulated death penalties. The idea would be to maintain a good level of personal risk while at the same time also discouraging griefing.
  • Options
    I think most people on these forums seem against the idea of separate PvE and PvP servers due to how Intrepid's resources would be used to keep both kinds of servers content. However, you could have servers with varying degrees of "consequences" perhaps? I think @boogis has raised some interesting points but I would argue that this would turn too many people away from Ashes, especially those who are tempted to try the game but who've been PvE orientated in previous MMOs.   
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Albion isnt even released yet and gets wiped all the time so people dont give 2 shits about there items atm, release is june 17th lets see how well its does 6month afther release.

I find the current system they talked about good enough if your corruption gets to a high enough level you start dropping gear. Do i enjoy full loot yeah i do i still play EVE-online in my off time.

It works for in games like in Albion and Eve-online because everything that drops can also becrafted and everything can be sold on the market place. on the downside it infested with bots, gold sellers and people that sell farming services.
    I dont see them letting use craft full Tier raid sets and then sell them on the marketplace.

but i feel full loot for this game is bad, As far as i have seen there wont be a fast way to replace your gear in game when lost.

Lets take a city siege the attackers lost.
    Not only did they lose the war, they lost all there gear and now there  city is getting razed and deleveled because word travels fast and every 1 wants a easy piece of pie.

• Options
    Personaly, i don't want full loot. As someone stated only wearing your best gear on specific occasions defeats the purpose of getting it and i'd also rather not work on getting my gear for a long time only for someone to kill me and take it all. I do however think that stuff in your bag should get dropped, a.k.a anything that's not equipped.This would give players a reason to store all thier valueable items and materials in the bank rather then  run around with it.
  • Options
    Valkeries said:
    Albion isnt even released yet and gets wiped all the time so people dont give 2 shits about there items atm, release is june 17th lets see how well its does 6month afther release.

н  yes its not released but in albion if you wont wear your best gear you will loose a gvg u ll loose zvz. same here. you can wear a shitty gear but you have more chances of loosing you fight. take your pick
  • Options
    WoW  boogis  I'm stunned by your hype and belief that you know what makes people happy.   I'm really sorry but in my mind you are coming off as a spoiled child trying to bully others into your way of thinking.  I think you need to try to calm down.   As you yourself have said, it is only a game.  Insecure is the person who tries to define others pleasures and can't satisfy their own.